Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
maxed out adjustment? >

maxed out adjustment?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

maxed out adjustment?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Spike

Default maxed out adjustment?

I put a Leupold Ultraslam on my Encore the other day, didn't bore sight it. When I went to sight it in today, I started at 50yds with 100grns of BH209, and a 250grn shockwave. I was hitting way low so I adjusted some, shot again, still low, adjusted again and maxed out the adjustment, shot again and was still 5ish inches low. Some checks I've don't said that shiming the rear mount is the best way to move it without ne mounts. Any other ideas? Thanks, Clayton.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

What brand rings and base/s are you using? i've found a one piece base works best on the Encore.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Spike

Its a weaver 1 piece base and leupold rings.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I chunk the Weaver base and go to a Leupold base and ring specific to the Encore. If you are still that low, may have to shim under the base.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
I chunk the Weaver base and go to a Leupold base and ring specific to the Encore. If you are still that low, may have to shim under the base.
Best thing to do.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

worse case sinario millett makes great scope rings (angle-loc) that have adjustments for this very problem. Just throwing this out there in case you did'nt already know.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'd chuck those rings and go for the Burris Signature Rings. Then if you have to shim it, instead of half assing it, you can use the offset inserts.

That said, there was an issue with some of the Triumphs with a Warne base having a similar problem? I've read more than a few topics on it. I wonder if this plagues the Encore as well? I've also not read any complaints of this with the Weaver base, but it seems like a similar situation, so I wonder if it's something off in the base.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ran into something very similar. I put a new Nikon Monarch Titanium on my 460 Smith. Went to sigh it in at 25yds and could not get the horizontal adjustments to even to get it line up. Sent it back and they returned it 3 weeks later. Got closer, just not enough.
Had Nikon rings. Sent scope back for replacement, not repair. Pitched rings. Got a set of Burris Tactical rings. Am waiting for new scope to arrive.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Spike

Was finally able to get out and shoot it again today. I couldn't reverse the base, so I switched the rings and it didn't change the impact at all. I shimmed the rear ring with a little bit of tape and it worked great. In the interest of time, gun season starts Thursday, I'm gonna leave it for now and probably get some adjustable rings for it in the future.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by anymeansneccesary
Was finally able to get out and shoot it again today. I couldn't reverse the base, so I switched the rings and it didn't change the impact at all. I shimmed the rear ring with a little bit of tape and it worked great. In the interest of time, gun season starts Thursday, I'm gonna leave it for now and probably get some adjustable rings for it in the future.
You must be in Michigan, no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.