Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Swarovski Z5 hands on review >

Swarovski Z5 hands on review

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Swarovski Z5 hands on review

Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Swarovski Z5 hands on review

I finally got my Swaro Z5 3.5-18X44 on my rifle and had a chance to sit on my stand a couple evenings with it.

I've always used Leupold VX3's and have liked them. This year I went to the Swaro Z3 3-10X42. Took it out a couple evenings and tried out it's low light performance. It was....good...but not breathtaking coming from the Leupold VX3 series.

I had the opportunity to upgrade it to the Z5, and took it.......

MAN, AM I GLAD I DID!!!!

The image quality is noticably better than the Leupold AND the Swaro Z3. I know the Z3 is supposed to use the same glass, but there is a noticable difference.

I can't say enough about how sharp the image is with this scope! It has a little finer crosshair than the Z3, but it's still very visible during the lowest of light. You obviously don't get as much light to the eye at the higher magnification, but at long range, the image is still extremely sharp with a little tweak of the parallax adjustment.

I can't see actually using more than about 10X for any hunting situation, but when checking my rifles zero today, I used it at 12X and the 1" square I was shooting at seemed almost too easy to aim at.

Can't say enough about this fine product.

SCHOOLCRAFT
Old 10-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on getting a top notch scope. You do (indeed) get what you pay for.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's cool Schoolcraft. I just went to a Z3 and was very impressed. Can't imagine that the Z5 looks like.