Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
I'm pretty sure I'm done with Leupold >

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Leupold

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Leupold

Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
of course when I buy my 375 or 458 I really don't want to spend swaro money on a scope, and conquest doesn't offer a lower power option, but if it were today I'd just have to fork out the cash and buy a swaro.
This thread just gets better and better. Too funny.

You want the power adjust to be tight as possible but still useful.

Last edited by BCRules; 05-01-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
well if ya like huskemaw, save 600 dollars and buy a super sniper, made iin the same plant
RR
Really?! There is no way they are the same quality?? I have a Huskemaw 5-20 LRH Scope & it is built like a tank (built well) & is dead on to distances over 900 yds (never tried any further).I just couldn't believe that you could get the same quality scope for under $600-$700!?

-South
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one Leupold, a sixteen year old Vari-X III mounted on my Sako L691 as it has been since I bought it. It is still bright and clear as the day I bought it and I have no complaints.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by South33
Really?! There is no way they are the same quality?? I have a Huskemaw 5-20 LRH Scope & it is built like a tank (built well) & is dead on to distances over 900 yds (never tried any further).I just couldn't believe that you could get the same quality scope for under $600-$700!?

-South
How hard was it to get the hang of to the 1/3 clicks?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can think of several very nice scopes I'd buy before I spent any $ on a Husky. Glad they work for you though.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
I can think of several very nice scopes I'd buy before I spent any $ on a Husky. Glad they work for you though.
Only one's i got was nightforce, swaro & zeiss.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stapher1
How hard was it to get the hang of to the 1/3 clicks?
haha
A little trial & error was involved. lol
Now that I got it all figured out though I love it!

-South
Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by South33
haha
A little trial & error was involved. lol
Now that I got it all figured out though I love it!

-South
I'm thinking about buy a Husky once a get my truck paid off (Oct). I see that Husky has a new scope out the blue diamond but i'm thinkin' for the price, it may pay to save up a few more bucks for a nightforce or G7.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Spike

i had a nice 6.5x20x50mm vxlll i sold and boght a conquest 4.5x14x50mm. this will be my lasy zeiss if i could trade someone for a good leupold i would in a heart beat.... I wear glasses and the leupold just fits me better.my old 4.5x14x40 vxlll is the best scope ive ever had.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
Actually the Ziess 4.5-14x44 Conquest has 3.5" of eye relief versus the Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 has 5". If you have a hard kicking gun, you will wish you had that Leupold with the extra eye relief. I have Leupolds, Nightforce's and Bushnell Elite 4200's and 6500's. The Leupold in my opinion makes the best all arround hunting scope.
Actually you are only partially right. Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x have 3.5" of eye relief, at any magnification. Leupolds of the same power vary from 3.6"-4.5"+. Reason I dont list 5", when you go back to the vari-x models, they were a little less. Either way you cut it, the leupolds eye relief varies alot, as do nikons, as you crank up the power. Zeiss, and other german brands have a fixed eye relief. I prefer to have consistancy, and not have to adjust where I hold my head for different powers. I like my two leupolds, but I really like the conquest 3-9x on my wife's gun. At the range last week, played around, to see how forgiving the eye relief was, eye box, etc. Found the leupold to be no better, and had over an inch swing in relief. Kind of annoying once you start comparing. I still like my vari-x models, but the day may come when Zeiss gets put on them, or swaros. Now you want to see lousy eye relief, check out my simmons whitetail classic. Thank god its on a 30-06 and not my RUM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.