Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Questions for guys that own a Burris Fullfield II >

Questions for guys that own a Burris Fullfield II

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Questions for guys that own a Burris Fullfield II

Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Questions for guys that own a Burris Fullfield II

I was wondering if some of you guys who own a Burris Fullfield II could check this for me.

If you put the rifle in a vise, or on a bipod, or something else to hold it still and wiggle the eye piece of the scope up and down does it appear that the crosshairs move up and down? The eyepiece should feel tight, but just wondered if it moved just a hair and made the crosshairs look like they are moving up and down. Obviously it's not the crosshairs moving, but the glass in the eye piece and it's making it look like the crosshairs are. I just wondered if this was normal and if others did this.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not normal for anything other than the normal adjustment parts to move on a scope. Carry it back to the place you bought it or call the Burris customer service.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Burris is supposed to be sending me a call tag for it, but at the same time, I've checked out another one and it does it too. I find it odd that 2 would have the exact same problem. All of the scopes I've checked out seem to do this if you loosen the lock ring on the eye piece, but normally you can tighten the lock ring down where as the Burris doesn't have a lock ring. I've read online several times that it's not normal, but I've not heard from very many people that have them and have checked to see if theirs does it which makes me wonder if other Burris FFII's do this. Looking at the design, I don't really see a way that it can be locked down 100% tight, so I'm thinking they all are going to have to do this to some extent. That's why I'd like to hear from some others who have them though.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few FFIIs at home and I will check them out later. I have some that are US made and a couple of the Phillipino made ones. i
Old 03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
its because your bending the tube that much, if the scope tube flexes .003, thats MOA, combine that with lash in the threads at the eyepiece and it don't take much, I have a long tubed 6x24 burris signature, with slight thumb pressure on the objective you can move the reticle all around on a big target.
RR
So is this something that's normal and going to always happen? Or is it something that shouldn't be happening?