HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   New scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/341402-new-scope.html)

bugsNbows 03-05-2011 02:27 AM

New scope

As I've aged (wiser too I hope) I have tweeked my set-ups a bit. I'd rather have fewer, better than more, lesser. Get my drift? To that end, I've just picked up a new scope for an older Sako 75 rifle. It's a Schmidt & Bender Summit 2.5-10 X 40. WOW, just WOW. It's a real dandy. For anybody out there wanting similar, check these out. They are sweet. :party0005:

jerry d 03-05-2011 05:10 AM

What gun you puttin it on bugs ?

bugsNbows 03-05-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jerry d (Post 3782254)
What gun you puttin it on bugs ?

Sako 75 30-06.

doubleA 03-05-2011 12:40 PM

Very nice, that's a classic set up you have there.

Jeff Ovington 03-06-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by bugsNbows (Post 3782223)
As I've aged (wiser too I hope) I have tweeked my set-ups a bit. I'd rather have fewer, better than more, lesser. Get my drift? To that end, I've just picked up a new scope for an older Sako 75 rifle. It's a Schmidt & Bender Summit 2.5-10 X 40. WOW, just WOW. It's a real dandy. For anybody out there wanting similar, check these out. They are sweet. :party0005:

I have heard great things about these scopes.. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and did you get ut online?
Or locally..

bugsNbows 03-07-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington (Post 3782803)
I have heard great things about these scopes.. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and did you get ut online?
Or locally..

Jeff, I buy all my scopes @ S.W.F.A. Their prices are good (and they will price match comparables), and their C.S. is top notch. The Summit's list for $1499.00.

salukipv1 03-07-2011 12:48 PM

I think I'm getting older too...

fewer/nicer is certainly nicer than lots and junk.

always made me laugh when I'd goto someones place to check out a gun for sale and they have 10-.22's with scopes etc..., probably 30-50 guns just laying around, all junk, the nicest of which is the gun I'm looking at...which isn't very nice.

I'm trying to cover all the bases in as few/nice setups as I can. Sometimes it's hard to thin the herd.

I've always bought nice scopes, nikon, leupold, zeiss, finally bought a swaro, the step up in quality is a no brainer, everything is nicer, period.

bugsNbows 03-07-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by salukipv1 (Post 3783353)
I think I'm getting older too...

fewer/nicer is certainly nicer than lots and junk.

always made me laugh when I'd goto someones place to check out a gun for sale and they have 10-.22's with scopes etc..., probably 30-50 guns just laying around, all junk, the nicest of which is the gun I'm looking at...which isn't very nice.

I'm trying to cover all the bases in as few/nice setups as I can. Sometimes it's hard to thin the heard.

I've always bought nice scopes, nikon, leupold, zeiss, finally bought a swaro, the step up in quality is a no brainer, everything is nicer, period.

My sentiments EXACTLY! :party0005: