HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   4x32 scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/341308-4x32-scope.html)

jerry d 03-03-2011 07:18 AM

4x32 scope

Does anyone offer a good quality straight 4x32mm scope ?

Pygmy 03-03-2011 08:30 AM

How about a 33MM...??..

Leupold FX-II 4 x 33....

I have two older Leupold M8-4X scopes that I bought used at gunshows for less than $150 apiece... Great scopes and a great value...

jerry d 03-03-2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pygmy (Post 3781337)
How about a 33MM...??..

Leupold FX-II 4 x 33....

I have two older Leupold M8-4X scopes that I bought used at gunshows for less than $150 apiece... Great scopes and a great value...

That would work. I didn't know Leupold made one,not listed in any of the catalogs i get. i'll go on their web site and check it out.
thanks

Pawildman 03-03-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pygmy (Post 3781337)
How about a 33MM...??..

Leupold FX-II 4 x 33....

..... Gunshows are a great source of all kinds of stuff. I love 'em. I've bought more than a few used Leupolds at gun shows, and never regretted it. Even if you do get one with a problem, send it back to the factory. They'll darn near totally rebuild it for you at little or no charge. How can you beat that??

jerry d 03-03-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pawildman (Post 3781391)
..... Gunshows are a great source of all kinds of stuff. I love 'em. I've bought more than a few used Leupolds at gun shows, and never regretted it. Even if you do get one with a problem, send it back to the factory. They'll darn near totally rebuild it for you at little or no charge. How can you beat that??

Unfortunenately living on L.I. there's no gun shows that i know of.But i'm going to the Rockland County show this weekend and i'll take a look. thanks guys.

Pygmy 03-03-2011 12:46 PM

check out Natchez Shooters Supply www.natchezss.com

They are on page 3 of the Feb. catalog....

Did you get my PM..??..

falcon 03-03-2011 03:03 PM

I have two of the Leupold FXII 4X33 scopes and they are good. i also have a Zeiss 4X32 scope: It is better than the Leupold in low light.

Pygmy 03-03-2011 05:12 PM

Falcon... I would love to check out one of the Zeiss 4x scopes...I'm sure that that they are superb, optically...

My binoculars are Leica Trinivoid 8 x 42s which are not exactly cheap glass, and I can see better with my Leupy 4x scopes in low light than I can with my Leicas...

I would expect the Zeiss to be incrementally better than the Leupold....

In this day and age when every swingin' dick thinks he needs a high power variable scope on his rifle, I believe that high quality fixed power scopes in 2x to 6 x are highly underrated.. Many hunters would be better served with a quality fixed power than the long heavy variable monstrosities that they insist on putting on thier rifles..

falcon 03-04-2011 04:58 AM

Many hunters would be better served with a quality fixed power than the long heavy variable monstrosities that they insist on putting on thier rifles..
+1
Most of my rifles have 2.5, 4 and 6 power scopes, mostly Leupold and Zeiss. i do not not like variable power scopes. The guys i hunt hogs with use variable power scopes and they constantly fidget with that power ring. Several times i have potted their hogs while they played with the scope power.

With the exception of some Unertl scopes on USMC rifles, all the snipers of WWII used 4X and and lower power scopes. Those snipers, especially the Russians, did a very good job using low powered scopes.

jerry d 03-04-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pygmy (Post 3781443)
check out Natchez Shooters Supply www.natchezss.com

They are on page 3 of the Feb. catalog....

Did you get my PM..??..

Got it sent 1 back,Thanks