Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Zeiss over Leupold?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas has the Conquest 3-9x40 for $399,they've been running that special all season.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
I dont think I would trust a person that sells them, I would look at what professional hunters are using rather than take advice from a salesmen. That would be like going to Home Depot and asking a salesman about plumbing advice instead of asking a licensed plumber his take on it.JMO. Most professional hunters you see will either have a Swarovski or a Leupold on there guns. There is a reason for that.
The reason is the "professional" hunters are PAID to use them! It doesn't mean its the best product out there!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
The reason is the "professional" hunters are PAID to use them! It doesn't mean its the best product out there!
Not all professional hunters are paid to use them, just the ones you see on T.V., that are promoting them just like a salsemen in a sporting goods store. A salesmen is going to try and sell you what ever product that they can make the most profit on, not nessasarly the best that they have. Go talk to some professional guides and outfitters, guys who make a living hunting and get there opinion, check world wide you will find the top scopes used on there personal guns are Swarovski and Leupold. I personally know numerous guids and outfitters worldwide and dont know any of them that get paid for the rifle or the scopes that they use.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
Not all professional hunters are paid to use them, just the ones you see on T.V., that are promoting them just like a salsemen in a sporting goods store. A salesmen is going to try and sell you what ever product that they can make the most profit on, not nessasarly the best that they have. Go talk to some professional guides and outfitters, guys who make a living hunting and get there opinion, check world wide you will find the top scopes used on there personal guns are Swarovski and Leupold. I personally know numerous guids and outfitters worldwide and dont know any of them that get paid for the rifle or the scopes that they use.
I don't need to go talk to anyone, I know from experience the Zeiss blows Loopys away in every area!! But, that's not saying Loopys aren't any good, they make fine optics for sure just not in the same league in my opinion.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Just looked through both of them in the store...seem to have a distinct advantage. Wish I could look through them in twilight conditions. The zeiss does seem to be a smidge sharper and the crosshairs don't seem to fade out as your eyes are looking at things in the edge of the scope
Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ole Fritz is still upset because he doens't know as much about firearms as he likes to think he does. He obviously doesn't know as much about sales or scopes as he thinks he does either.

Before you start talking our of your rear end again you might want to educate yourself about the company.

Meopta is one of the largest and oldest optics manufacturers in the world. They make glass for everything from medical grade and scientific instruments to sporting optics. They also manufacture glass to specs for other high end scope manufacturers.

I don't think TreenNC is going to get a Swarovski for $600.

I don't need to go talk to anyone, I know from experience the Zeiss blows Loopys away in every area!! But, that's not saying Loopys aren't any good, they make fine optics for sure just not in the same league in my opinion.
I agree 100%. I'd take a Zeiss over a comparable Leupold any day and twice on Sunday.

Just looked through both of them in the store...seem to have a distinct advantage. Wish I could look through them in twilight conditions. The zeiss does seem to be a smidge sharper and the crosshairs don't seem to fade out as your eyes are looking at things in the edge of the scope
The Zeiss is definitely the better scope over the Leupold. The Meopta is even better than the conquests are in edge to edge clarity. If there is a local Meopta dealer in your area go look through one you will like what you see.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Ole Fritz is still upset because he doens't know as much about firearms as he likes to think he does. He obviously doesn't know as much about sales or scopes as he thinks he does either.

Before you start talking our of your rear end again you might want to educate yourself about the company.

Meopta is one of the largest and oldest optics manufacturers in the world. They make glass for everything from medical grade and scientific instruments to sporting optics. They also manufacture glass to specs for other high end scope manufacturers.

I don't think TreenNC is going to get a Swarovski for $600.

I agree 100%. I'd take a Zeiss over a comparable Leupold any day and twice on Sunday.

The Zeiss is definitely the better scope over the Leupold. The Meopta is even better than the conquests are in edge to edge clarity. If there is a local Meopta dealer in your area go look through one you will like what you see.
Glad you have me figured out there. You are obviously a fireams and optics expert that is sitting behind the counter, thinking they know it all but probably getting paid about $10 an hour for that expertise and gun knowledge, just like the pros at Home Depot.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never mind, I'm not gonna get into a pointless argument with someone that doesn't have a clue about me or what I do.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Never mind, I'm not gonna get into a pointless argument with someone that doesn't have a clue about me or what I do.
Exactly my thoughts! At least we can agree on something.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

ANYWAY. Zeiss it will probably be for me. Just not sure what power and objective. It'll ride a M77 MKII 7mm Rem mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.