Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Bushnell Elite 3200/4200 >

Bushnell Elite 3200/4200

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Bushnell Elite 3200/4200

Old 12-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bushnell Elite 3200/4200

Check this out over on opticstalk:

http://www.opticstalk.com/end-of-an-...opic26493.html
Old 12-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why they dropped them. They are/were very good mid priced scopes. I just sold my last one I had, but not because it was a bad scope, just because it didn't fit my intended purpose for it any longer. They seemed to be the most promising thing Bushnell had in their scope lineup.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.. From a personal standpoint I like it myself, I think it's not a bad marketing idea on their part. But I see what they are doing. I'm not saying from a quality standpoint strickly marketing approach.You know the economy is going to crap when they are renaming their top end makes and models under second class names and adding a few letters behind it.I notice more and more adved hunters walking staight to lower mid grade lines cause of the economy. It used to be I walk into a store everybody, goes staright to Monarch, Goldring, Conquest, Elite etc.Now it's Worldclass, Trophy, Buckmaster,etc.The reason I like it, higher end scopes are going to fall in price cause everybody going to change their model names and makes to compete.Bushnell and Leupold are lucky to have a huge line if makes and models they are able to do this with. When the economy picks up we will see the Elites again but not until then.Yeah I understand it, it is what it is, these guys notice hunters walking to different model line prices now, you stick that model in at a slightly higher price, the service guy says yeah, it used to be their Elite 3200 or 4200 and
Bushnell wins over Leupold and Nikon.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:19 AM
bigcountry

I think its a smart idea. I know from personal experience in business, its never good to have competing overlapping products. Evaluate the business model and get rid of one. And bushnell is the one company that had overlapping products competing with each other.

Have one low priced model under 200, and one very high quality model.

But this news makes me a tad unhappy. I think the 3200 was a good bargain.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I think its a smart idea. I know from personal experience in business, its never good to have competing overlapping products. Evaluate the business model and get rid of one. And bushnell is the one company that had overlapping products competing with each other.

Have one low priced model under 200, and one very high quality model.

But this news makes me a tad unhappy. I think the 3200 was a good bargain.
Think they are going to simply rename them as the 3500 and 4500? Good thing is you may be able to get some good deals on them.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Think they are going to simply rename them as the 3500 and 4500? Good thing is you may be able to get some good deals on them.
I don't think so. I think they kept the same plant open when they bought out B&L. From personal experience, its hard to move an existing prodcut line to a different location. But who knows really.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

Natchez has a closeout sale on the 3200.