HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   Laser Rangefinder Scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/334337-laser-rangefinder-scope.html)

ecorrigan 11-16-2010 09:36 PM

Laser Rangefinder Scope

Has anyone used one? I've been researching the Burris Eliminator, Bushnell Yardage Pro, Nikon Version or other Laser Rangefinder Scopes and would like to hear from someone who has used one or the other. What is your opinion? Do you recommend any of them?
Anything helps.

Big Uncle 11-17-2010 04:29 AM

I think it is a great concept. The few that I have seen were bulky and heavy but worked OK on the benches at the range. I would be a bit concerned that they may be banned in some locations as "unfair", even though most of us use scoped rifles and have a rangefinder in our pocket.

Jeff Ovington 11-17-2010 05:38 PM

The biggest problem I have with them is this.You don't point your gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. I've seen people use mounted scopes as binos I think most of us have. Now your gonna have hunters ranging distances on animals using firearms because of convienience. I have never witnessed myself being used as a target. But lord help the person who does. Cause I won't hesitate to rifle a bullet off at him or her. I've thought long and hard about it, lots, and the fact is I would. No if ands or buts. Better them hurt or killed than me.I've got family too that I will live for.I may spend some time in prison, but I'd get out in a few years. I live in Canada. Life sentance for serial murders is 25 years, the fact that I'm protecting myself, I'd be in 2 max. I'll answer the questions later.But back to the subject, People want to use them fine, but we will see more hunting accidents cause of it.They won't be banned Because of an unfair advantage, they probably will be banned cause of hunters being unsafe with them.

goatbrother 11-18-2010 11:17 AM

Some states do not allow them for hunting.

Sheridan 11-19-2010 09:31 AM

Too much technology for my taste (IMO).

I do use the “new” BDC reticles though…………………

BikerRN 05-31-2011 09:10 AM

I am the worst at estimating distance.

For me the Yardage Pro really helps with getting the bullet where I need to put it.

Biker

Sheridan 05-31-2011 10:33 AM

Understand the Burris is not just a rangefinder built into the scope - I'm fine with that & one day I would like to own a scope/rangefinder in one.

The "Eliminator" calculates the distance based on the ballistics of the cartridge & bullet type you're using, and illuminates a dot as to where you should aim/shoot (too much technology for me).

BTW - It does not calculate for windage however (FYI).

Avalanche 06-02-2011 09:56 AM

I bought the Burris Eliminator last year and mounted to my FNH FNAR .308 and love it! It works just as advertised, dropped a nice Deer at over Three Hundred yards. Very accurate scope, highly recommend.