Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Do they exist?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Weaver is supposed to have a good adjustment system, so I've been told, I don't own one though.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jacob Garrett
DDMPrecision I think you misunderstood my post. I know the ammo changes the POI but the scope won't move the POI consistently. If you click it 4 clicks it might move anywhere from 1/4in to 2in with the 4 clicks instead of 1in like its supposed to.
Not every scope is 1/4" per click, there are 1/8", 1/3 and also 1/2 I think...maybe all of yours weren't 1/4"...?

If you are having that much trouble with Leupolds, either your mounts/bases suck or you've been dropping it on concrete from 10 feet!!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check into Meopta Meopro, Vortex Vipers, Minox ZA3, Bushnell Elite 4200, Sightron Big Sky and of course Zeiss Conquests.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend, if you think a Tasco is a better scope than a Leupold you may want to get iron sights. It's not the scope.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sniper151
My friend, if you think a Tasco is a better scope than a Leupold you may want to get iron sights. It's not the scope.
I have a $30 Tasco as well as a Leupold VX-I. I've had two VX-I's but sold one. Anyway, I can't tell a difference optically between the two. A few friends looked into them side by side and all thought the Tasco looked clearer. On top of that, my Leupold has been in for repair twice, and the Tasco still works great. They are about the same age.

That being said, I'm not saying that Tasco scopes are great or even good, but I've had a better experience with them than a Leupold, so I don't think it's fair to act like the op is an idiot when he may very well have had a better experience with a Tasco.

BTW the VX-I I had tracked no where close to how it should. It was like he said a guessing game trying to sight it in. I hate those friction adjustments, but at least the more expensive models do away with them.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:09 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I have a $30 Tasco as well as a Leupold VX-I. I've had two VX-I's but sold one. Anyway, I can't tell a difference optically between the two. A few friends looked into them side by side and all thought the Tasco looked clearer. On top of that, my Leupold has been in for repair twice, and the Tasco still works great. They are about the same age.

That being said, I'm not saying that Tasco scopes are great or even good, but I've had a better experience with them than a Leupold, so I don't think it's fair to act like the op is an idiot when he may very well have had a better experience with a Tasco.

BTW the VX-I I had tracked no where close to how it should. It was like he said a guessing game trying to sight it in. I hate those friction adjustments, but at least the more expensive models do away with them.
Homeheater, I sure don't mean to be rude, but you seem to have a significant amount of trouble with all your gear from BAR's to leupolds.

I am just sayin. You ever look back and wonder why?

Old 11-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zeiss Conquest...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman

There is a huge difference between a Leupold VXIII and a Leupold VXI.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Homeheater, I sure don't mean to be rude, but you seem to have a significant amount of trouble with all your gear from BAR's to leupolds.

I am just sayin. You ever look back and wonder why?
I have had a few problems with different things. With the Leupold, I would have chalked it up to having gotten a lemon if it wasn't for the fact that I had two other friends that also bought Leupolds, and both of them also broke in the exact same way.

The BAR I haven't really had trouble with as far as not working properly. I've just had trouble finding a load that shoots well in it, and I've tried to get it to shoot more loads accurately. However, I've found one load and one load only that shoots really well out of it. I just am always tinkering with it trying to get it to shoot other loads well. I wouldn't really say that's trouble.

The other gun related item I've had trouble with was a Remington 870 Super Magnum Express, but from what I've read, issues with that aren't all that uncommon either.

There are lots of items that I've used that I've not had issues with, and they work great. So it's not like every thing I have has issues. 2 or 3 things I've got have had issues. As mentioned that Tasco scope I have, I still have and it still works fine.

Sorry that your such a Leupold fan, but the facts are that you can get much better glass from another company for the same money, and Leupolds do fail. Do a search on SnipersHide.com or 24HourCampfire.com There are quite a few guys who have had issues with Leupolds on both of those sites. So it's not just me and my friends. Now there are guys like you that will defend Leupold to the end, and that's fine as I know everyone has brands they are loyal too. In fact, I do too. However, if you look at them and compare them to the competition there really are better options out there for the money.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
There is a huge difference between a Leupold VXIII and a Leupold VXI.
I agree, but that post said if you think a Tasco is better than a Leupold. It didn't say better than a Leupold VX-III. The facts are that my Tasco works 10x better than my Leupold VX-I has ever worked. Not that I think the Tasco is great. That's just how bad the Leupold is. I've also talked to several guys online that have had issues with VX-II's and VX-III's too. However in general while they are better and they are good scopes you can still get a lot better glass from another company for the same money or less. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP was one of the guys that had issues with those scopes, as contrary to what some guys want you to believe Leupolds do break too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.