Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Best scope under $600.00 >

Best scope under $600.00

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Best scope under $600.00

Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupolds VX-II, and III
Old 09-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Meopta meopro 3-9X42 smokes a Zeiss conquest 3-9X40 in clarity, brightness and edge to edge distortion... or lack there of.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/meopta-m...iflescope.html
Old 09-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Nikon Prostaff rivals top dollar Leupolds for half the price. Check out the on-line comparisons. I'm testing mine tomorrow morning in Sarasota. Wish me luck...
Old 09-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nikon Prostaff rivals top dollar Leupolds for half the price. Check out the on-line comparisons. I'm testing mine tomorrow morning in Sarasota. Wish me luck...
I'm not a huge Leupold fan or anything. I think they are over priced scopes but to say that a prostaff rivals top dollar Leupold's is just absurd.

Good luck with your hunt though.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I'm not a huge Leupold fan or anything. I think they are over priced scopes but to say that a prostaff rivals top dollar Leupold's is just absurd.

Good luck with your hunt though.
I'm not at all a Leupold fan as you can get much better scopes imo for cheaper. However, the Prostaff doesn't even come close to rivaling Leupolds top dollar scopes. I've done a writeup comparing it to a VX-I, and it's very very close in comparrison. The only big difference I've seen is that my VX-I has been in for repair twice and the Prostaff hasn't, however, I've only been to the range with the Prostaff once. I knew it wasn't that great when I bought it, but I got a smoking deal and wanted to test it myself and figured I'd sell it later on. The Burris FFII I have blows it out of the water in every category in both daylight and low light. Of course it blows the VX-I out of the water too.

Honestly, I'd probably pick the Prostaff over the VX-I, but it's not up to par with the VX-II or VX-III, or the Mark 4 which is Leupolds "top dollar" scope.

Here is my review on the Prostaff.
http://opticstalk.com/nikon-prostaff...opic25460.html

Here is another perspective just in case you don't believe mine.
http://opticstalk.com/inexpensive-sc...176_page1.html

So checking out online comparisons it doesn't look like the Prostaff rivals the top end Leupolds like you claim.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Spike

The Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42, Fine Multi-X, Matte is a fine scope have one on my T3. The optic zone is offering 7% off so this scope will be around $560 if my math is correct well worth the money.Here is a pic of the gun.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-ZONE
The Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42, Fine Multi-X, Matte is a fine scope have one on my T3. The optic zone is offering 7% off so this scope will be around $560 if my math is correct well worth the money.Here is a pic of the gun.
Looks like a really nice scope and rifle K Zone
Old 10-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Internet product reviews are amazing. Anyone can write a "review" about anything even if they don't know much about the specific topic or have extensive experience with the subject in general.
In the $600 price range it would probably be hard to find a really bad rifle scope. Look at the critical specs (eye relief, etc.), consider reliability and customer service - and just pick something with which you will be happy.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold VX III
Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta disagree with Bigbulls and Hometheatreman here... Richwrench has a good point about the Nikon's rivalling "top dollar leupolds"... Both of them are TERRIBLE for parallax from an optics stand point, and both of them are TERRIBLE at tracking!

As far as the overall quality goes, of course, the pro-staff is, at best, an entry level scope and of course, the leupold offers MUCH finer optics, finer quality, better light transmission, better clarity, etc etc than the bargain bin prostaffs, but in my personal experience, neither are very user friendly when it comes to parallax or tracking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.