Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Vortex

Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vortex

I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with the Vortex brand and how it compares with other brands.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vortex are fine products and their CS is top notch. There are some great deals now as they are changing their offerings. Check out specs at S.W.F.A.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Spike

No direct experience. I just put on a Nikon Monarch...but I was heavily considering a Vortex, it was having to switch to 30mm that stopped it.

Absolutely everything I've seen about them online has been very positive. From what I've seen, for $300-500 it's a very good scope to consider.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently picked up a 2-7x32 Viper, a few months before the prices were slashed in anticipation of the aforementioned lineup change. Still, very happy with my purchase. Fit and finish are excellent, low light clarity is very good. Just everything seems exceptionally solid on the scope, from the zoom to the windage/elevation dials.

Now is the time to pick one up as I don't think anything else out there can remotely touch the $170 price tag of the 2-7. Although I do not have them, I am told the viper line's optics are in line with the Nikon Monarchs and Leupold VXIIIs. I would keep an eye on the entire Viper line as I suspect some other models may soon be discounted. Just don't wait too long!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Spike

Was checking out the prices of the Vortex's and I seen the $170 2x7x32 but was more interested in the 3x9x40. It doesn't appear to be discounted yet. Hopefully in the next month it will be.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Great product line. I have sold my Leupolds and bought all Vortex products. The viper line is hard to beat. I also like the Diamondback line real well also. The scopes pick up a ton of light and are crisp and clear. Check them out, you will not be dissappointed.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only one question remaining.....................

How long is the company going to hang around ?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Only one question remaining.....................

How long is the company going to hang around ?
Well, they have been around since 1986 so it seems like they are doing o.k.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Ordered a 2-7x32 for my Knight. It will be here tomorrow. I'll compare it to ffII's, Grandslam, and vari x iii.