Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Bushnell blues

Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bushnell blues

I've been posting things here and there about scopes to put on my .270. I'm planning on putting something decent on it as soon as I get a couple things sold to free up cash. I took the Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 off of my .22 and put on the new rifle just so I could shoot my new toy. Well, when I took my .270 out to shoot it the first time, it patterned great until the last couple of shots. I figured my barrel was too hot.

I have the day off today and thought I'd try some different shells in the gun. I got all set up and put my gun on the bags. I took the caps off and looked through the scope... My reticle is broken! Grrr. I tried to call Bushnell, but like me, they are off work today. I'll call them back tomorrow and gripe and see what they say. I'm guessing they'll just send me a new scope, but I honestly don't want another one after this. I'm going to see if I can send them some money and upgrade. I don't know if they do that, but it's worth a try.

rw
Old 07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Id personally consider a weaver k series in 4x or 6x. They can be had for $140 or so and only weigh 11 ounces. I assure you the reticle wont break on one of these.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...prodID=IT94650
I here this scope has some great revies and is not made in China
I just order this one and for the price I don't think you can beat them
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...prodID=IT94615
Old 07-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

How good is the warranty ?

Buy it once !!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to say I told you so but.....you shoulda waited and took your 100-150 and bought something a bit better for your 270.

Bushnell makes some very nice scopes but also puts their name on some crappy stuff. Now you need a scope for both guns.

I would get the banner fixed put it back on the .22 and save up for something a bit better for the 270.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

the warranty on the
Intensity Optics

are from weaver must have the receipt no question asked
Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
Hate to say I told you so but.....you shoulda waited and took your 100-150 and bought something a bit better for your 270.

Bushnell makes some very nice scopes but also puts their name on some crappy stuff. Now you need a scope for both guns.

I would get the banner fixed put it back on the .22 and save up for something a bit better for the 270.
"I told you so" doesn't hurt so bad when it's not coming from my wife

Well, that was the plan. I was planning on purchasing the new scope in the next week or so. I'm going to just get the Banner fixed/replaced/whatever they do and put it back on the Savage. I'm going to Cabela's and Bass Pro in St Louis next weekend so I can get my hands on some scopes. I'll figure out what I want and then find it online.

rw
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feel to bad, I had to ask my wife if it was ok if I posted this or not.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell banners have turned to poo there customer service stinks. and did i say POO they claim my last repair is lost. there people are kinda snooty when they decide to answer the phone run dont walk from booshnell i would get it fixed and dump it. get a loopy. its piece of mind.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

For the price of a Leupold one can buy two Weavers or Redfields.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.