Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt >

what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt

Old 04-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default what rings/bases combo did you put on your browning x bolt

I cant decide which rings and bases to put on my browning x bolt 7mag. which rings and bases did you guys put on your x bolt.

Just curious what kind of scope did you put on. Im putting a nikon monarch 3-12x42 SF on mine.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talley makes ones especially for the X-Bolt. I put them on a 300 WSM with a Leupy VX3 2.5-8 X 36. Worked fine.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mounted a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 in DNZ Game Reapers.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Go with the DNZ Game Reapers.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
and you wont have to worry about the stupid look of DNZ or the extra piece of metal over the receiver......then again, its an X-Bolt.

And your point is? IMO the DNZ's fit the rifle better than the Talleys and the extra piece of metal over the receiver does not hinder me at all.

What mounts did you put on your X-Bolt?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

and you wont have to worry about the stupid look of DNZ or the extra piece of metal over the receiver
Just how many extra pieces can you have on a one piece mount?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Just how many extra pieces can you have on a one piece mount?

LOL, never thought of it that way bigbulls!

I have to admit I was skeptical about the DNZ's, until I compared them side by side with Talleys. The DNZ's fit the rifle better, looked better(IMO), and were machined better.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Leupold Dual Dovetails on my X 300 win seem to hold well.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
Never lost a bet big enough to get stuck with one of those abortions.

As the old saying goes....I'll keep it clean since there may be youngsters here....opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 AM
bigcountry

Not really sure why a lot of shooters do not like the Browning action. Its durable, has a nice spring extractor (sako type), low angle bolt throw, decent size recoil lug, extemely strong, bolt lockup with safety on, and everyone I have handled have been smooth as silk. But the masses prefer 700 action, and I too to an extent. But 700 bolt face needs work (c-clip sucks), some come rough as a cobb and needs polishing. The negatives about the browning is well, its japanese, not all like the octgonal design, and to every remove a barrel, you have to heat the crap out of it, many do not like the goofy hinge removable mag. You rarely hear someone building a a custom gun off a A-bolt action.

I have owned dozens of 700's and probably half a dozen browning, and out of box, I guarantee you the browning will be more accurate on average.

I have a feeling some just read internet posts from other pages like Ris, or whatever handle he has this week. He goes by 16bore, vabyrd and many others. He is not very knowledgable about long guns or long range shooting. I mean he has had to ask several times what rifle he should buy for deer hunting. Kinda says it all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.