HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   DNZ Game Reaper Mounts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/320379-dnz-game-reaper-mounts.html)

VAhuntr 03-25-2010 06:39 PM

DNZ Game Reaper Mounts

Looking for some opinions from those who have used the DNZ's. They look to be machined extremely well.

bigbulls 03-25-2010 06:57 PM

Love them!

One solid piece of Aluminum, very long grade 8 screws attaching the ring caps, CNC'd from a billet so no lapping is needed what so ever and they do not slip under hard recoil (.338RUM pic below), they do not over hang into loading/ejection port.

Every future rifle purchase of mine will be wearing Game Reaper mounts.

VAhuntr 03-26-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3601890)
Love them!

One solid piece of Aluminum, very long grade 8 screws attaching the ring caps, CNC'd from a billet so no lapping is needed what so ever and they do not slip under hard recoil (.338RUM pic below), they do not over hang into loading/ejection port.

I just bought a set for my new X-Bolt. I'm pretty impressed with how well they are finished and how they match up to the action of the rifle. Glad to hear that they stand up to recoil as well.

Tall Pine 03-29-2010 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3601890)
Love them!

Hows it going Bigbulls.... I too am thinking about getting a DNZ mount so was wondering what size mount did you go with here in the picture. (hight, medium, or low) Is that a 40mm scope?

Thanks

mauser06 03-29-2010 06:34 AM

remington 7600 35 whelen..

i love them...i wanted something that would stand upto the whelens recoil and my brush bustin...

the fit is amazing...you can tell they are actually made to fit your receiver..not just a cheap piece of metal with holes drilled in somewhat close to the right place...the base fit the receiver like a glove and kinda "locked" onto it as its fit for it..

the L O N G ring screws are amazing...them suckers are LONG! probably 3x longer than your typical screws...

i went with the low model and on the 7600 and a 3-9x40 vari-x II the scope has plenty of clearance..almost a little more than i like..but, the barrel contour of the pump gun and the way it is has some to do with that i think...not a complaint...

got right around 50rds through it and it never moved...

im happy!

rozman62 03-29-2010 12:41 PM

Another Rem 7600 -.270 with a Game Reaper mount. Solid as a rock.

bigbulls 03-29-2010 06:17 PM

Hows it going Bigbulls.... I too am thinking about getting a DNZ mount so was wondering what size mount did you go with here in the picture. (hight, medium, or low) Is that a 40mm scope?
That is the medium 1" mount and the scope is a 3-9X40.

Next time I will use lows on a 40mm scope. This was the first set I purchased, at the advice of other members here, so I played it safe and used Mediums.

VAhuntr 03-29-2010 06:33 PM

Here is a pic of my X-Bolt with low DNZ's and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40.

bigbulls 03-29-2010 06:49 PM

Looks great.

Game Reapers give a very clean, smooth and uninterrupted look in a mounting system.

K-ZONE 03-30-2010 06:42 AM

I have mounted them on my own and friends guns.They are always consistant and solid with no problems to date.Here they are on my tikka.