Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200 >

Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200

Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200

Last night I received my Elite 4200 that I ordered from Amazon the other day. I opened the scope box and inside the box was a brand spanking new Elite 4200.....things are still great! I remove the scope covers and look through the eye piece and I am treated to a nice bright, clear picture.

However something very distracting kept catching my eye. When looking through the scope at about the 10 o'clock position, there was what looked like a piece of the reticle on the edge of the lens.

I considered sending the scope back to Bushnell but then I thought, hey this thing has never been mounted, hunted or anything. Why should I pay shipping when this came from the factory like that? So, I contacted Amazon and started the return process with them. They are sending me a new scope today and I downloaded a prepayed UPS shipping label. I even had the choice of taking the package to a UPS shipper or scheduling a UPS pickup at my house.

I'm very happy with how Amazon has treated this so far. The verdict is still out on Bushnell though. I really hope the next scope works out and does not have any problems. As stated earlier the scope is definately bright and clear. I will update once I receive the new scope.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 01-27-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a quality control mess up with a piece of trash or something. I think you will like the 4200, let us know. Sounds like good customer service.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the first time I've heard such with a 4200. I've had three and a buddy two. Keep us posted as to the outcome.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had an elite 4200 6-24x40 OB for about a year or more use it quite a bit this time of year and it is very clear and problem free.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

I own a Bushnell 3200 4X12 (not as good as your scope) and it has been completely trouble-free. I coyote hunted with it today in fact. I have it mounted on a .243 and really like it. Very clear, tracks well, rainguard coatings work amazingly well. And I am picky about optics.

I would encourage you not to let this one defective scope bias your view of the 4200. I have always heard that the 4200 was the best value out there in optics.

I bought a Redfield Illuminator 3X9X44 (The old Redfield company in Denver, Co) years ago (early 90s) from a guy I used to work with. On the 2nd or 3rd time in the field after he bought and mounted it the objective lens fell out. He sent it back to Redfield and they completely refurbished it. He didn't want to wait for it so he bought another scope for that rifle and didn't need the Redfield anymore. I gave him $200.00 for that refurbished scope (which was much less than the new price) and put it on my 30.06. It is still there today and has performed flawlessly. I suspect that you will get the same level of satisfaction if you give the replacement 4200 a fair shake.

No matter how tight the QC is, every so often a bad scope gets past inspection.

If you don't like the replacement 4200 send me a PM and make me an offer. I would love to have it if the price is fair.

What power is it?

Mouthcaller
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a semi update on the 4200. The scope arrived in the mail yesterday but noone was home to sign for it. I plan to pick it up tomorrow afternoon at the Post Office.

I am impressed with the quick service from Amazon. I contacted them around 10 pm on Tues night(Jan 26) and would have had the new scope on Jan 30 had someone been home. They also emailed Saturday night letting me know they had received my returned scope. Can't expect much better service than that.

Will give a further update tomorrow night on the "new" 4200.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick update on the Bushnell Elite 4200. Picked up the scope this afternoon and this one is perfect. Bright and crystal clear. I guess the previous scope just slipped through the QC Dept. Also have to give a big thumbs up to Amazon for getting my replacement to me in less than a week.

Now I think I need a new rifle to mount the scope on!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

I've had OUTSTANDING service from Bushnell Elite scopes!

Bushnell is GREAT company and the Elite Series are AWESOME scopes!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy of mine had a 4200 constantly fogging up on him.
Bushnell replaced it and so far so good but they are supposed to be known for the fog proof technology.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by As I Please
Bushy is junk.
You have obviously never fooled with the Bushnell Elite lines then. The 4200's rival scopes costing quite a bit more and have one of the best warranties in the business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.