Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200 >

Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Disappointed with Bushnell Elite 4200

Old 02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Elite 4200 as well .... 3-9x50 mm. It came mounted on a used 50 cal., Savage ML-10. that I bought. I intended on replacing it with a "better" scope, but got lazy. The Elite 4200 ain't a Wally-World special of the week. This is a good scope. Pretty darn good low light performance too. I have used it for 3 seasons. No problems at all.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 AM
bigcountry

I am rather surprised some does not like the 4200 for a mid-grade scope. I have two and really pleasantly impressed.

I did not expect much out of them. But its a good mid grade scope.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Spike

Default Busnell 4200

What type of warranty does bushnell give.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vance
What type of warranty does bushnell give.

Bushnell Elites have a lifetime warranty. In addition they also have a one year "bullet proof" warranty. This allows the original purchaser to return an Elite scope to Bushnell for a refund or exchange for up to one year, with no questions asked. The scopes can be returned for any reason during this period.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 AM
bigcountry

[quote=VAhuntr;3585096]Bushnell Elites have a lifetime warranty. In addition they also have a one year "bullet proof" warranty. /quote]

Well not exactly. If they think it has mfg defects, they will warranty. I have a 2-8 elite 3200 on my 460S&W that has scratch marks on the body because I couldn't find rings to hold a scope. 460 is about as rough as it gets on scopes. I was asking bushnell if they would warranty a recticle issue. They said "we would have to wait and see" due to the abuse.

Leupold would have never said that. I still like 3200, but thier warranty is not like Leupolds.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
big look up SSK industries, they have mounts and rings that'll hold tight on the 460, and then some. I have a 3 ring T-SOB mount on a contendor in 375 JDJ, they'll hold up.
RR

Thanks, they have the warne optima on now. They are actually holding. But twisting. Seems most I know have issues with teh 460 and 500 twisting do to the torque it induces from the rifling.

I will check em out.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=bigcountry;3585147]
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Bushnell Elites have a lifetime warranty. In addition they also have a one year "bullet proof" warranty. /quote]

Well not exactly. If they think it has mfg defects, they will warranty. I have a 2-8 elite 3200 on my 460S&W that has scratch marks on the body because I couldn't find rings to hold a scope. 460 is about as rough as it gets on scopes. I was asking bushnell if they would warranty a recticle issue. They said "we would have to wait and see" due to the abuse.

Leupold would have never said that. I still like 3200, but thier warranty is not like Leupolds.

Well my experience was different than yours. I sent back a 3200 that I dropped from my treestand when the pull up rope broke. This was during the first year of ownership so they sent me a new scope. Even offered to upgrade the scope....for the difference of course. Not sure what would have happened had it been older.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 02-27-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountry
You are absolutely right, but then their purchase price isn't either.