Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Nikon Prostaff or Leupold rifleman >

Nikon Prostaff or Leupold rifleman

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Nikon Prostaff or Leupold rifleman

Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Spike

Default Nikon Prostaff or Leupold rifleman

In your openion, which of these scopes are better? I just got a new (used) .270 rifle and was wanting to put a 3x9x40 scope on it. I have narrowed down to these 2 choices. Any input, bad or good would be appreciated for these 2 scopes.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-17-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1 Ron's comments. The rifleman scopes are junk...IMO. I'd either get the Nikon Buckmasters or, better yet, either the Bushnell Elite 3200 or the Nikon Team Primos.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep out of those two I'd get the Nikon. However, I think you'd be much better off with a Burris Fullfield II or a Bushnell Elite 3200 or even the Nikon Team Primos.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

if you want a very long eye relief then the loopy is the one. both have a fairly narrow field of view . i'd go up to the buckmasters in the nikon,better optics ,but still narrow FOV. i bought a buckmasters and hated the FOV.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I think the Nikon is the best buy for the money. I have a Vari X II 3x9 and both a Nikon Prostaff 3x9 and a Buckmasters 3x9. I think both the Nikons are a clearer image with more light throughput than the Leupold. The Prostaff is half the money essentially and the Buckmasters is about 90 bucks less. I think the Buckmasters are about the best buy riflescope out there, sure it is $210 bucks without looking for a deal too hard. But it has excellent glass and excellent light transmission. The adjustment knobs are finger adjustable too which is a nice touch. I will be scoping new rifles with the Buckmasters for a while.