Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes >

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Spike

Default Best scopes

Hensoldt (Zeiss military division)
Schmidt & Bender
Zeiss Victory (Zeiss sporting division)
March
Premier
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Hensoldt (Zeiss military division)
Schmidt & Bender
Zeiss Victory (Zeiss sporting division)
March
Premier

Definitely top shelf stuff there. Great choices for those willing to pony up the $.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Definitely top shelf stuff there. Great choices for those willing to pony up the $.
Unfortunately, if you dangle an Alpha Optic in front of me I lose all sense of proportionality and the concept of "reasonable" and I'll buy it, getting the money through any and all LEGAL means. I have a 6-24x72 Hensoldt, a S&B Summit and a March 1-10x24 Tactical scope. I have a ludicrous amount of $$$ wrapped up in scopes that I'll never use as they were designed to be used with the exception of the Summit. I'm going to sell the Summit and the March and pick up another Hensoldt.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Unfortunately, if you dangle an Alpha Optic in front of me I lose all sense of proportionality and the concept of "reasonable" and I'll buy it, getting the money through any and all LEGAL means. I have a 6-24x72 Hensoldt, a S&B Summit and a March 1-10x24 Tactical scope. I have a ludicrous amount of $$$ wrapped up in scopes that I'll never use as they were designed to be used with the exception of the Summit. I'm going to sell the Summit and the March and pick up another Hensoldt.
Me bad too. I have Swaros, Leica, S&B and Zeiss (Duralyt not Diavari though). I'd rather have a few better ones than many crappy ones. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed............so best / worst scopes for "x" amount of money would be of more value (for most of "us").

Otherwise it's easy to find a "good" scope for $2,000 - huh ??!

Last edited by Sheridan; 04-29-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Don't have the green for some of the high dollar scopes that some want to mention even though most have never looked through much less owned. As for me, I own Zeiss Conquest, Leupy Vari X III, VX3 and Nikon Monarch along with some other junk. I'd rate what I own as Conquest, VX3, Vari X III, Monarch. The only "decent" scope I've had issues with is a Conquest with shifting POI which was quickly replaced by customer service. I'd feel comfortable recommending any of the ones I own.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had bought the "good" scopes that are listed here, I would not have gotten my three kids thru college. I am sure that they are fine scopes, but I have to use something cheap. I use Bushnells, not the high end ones, I have a Banner mounted on a 30-06, it is a 1.5-4.5 and is nice and bright. It was a "take-off" and cost me $50. If it goes south, I will mount a Bushnell 2.5 fixed power that I paid $20 for. One son just got his Masters degree and all three kids have jobs. Maybe I can upgrade to a used Leopold one of these days, but for now, I am happy with the bargan-basement Bushnells. I use it for deer hunting only, put half a dozen rounds thru it a year and it is very accurate. I also take along a peep-sighted Win. 94 30-30 as back-up.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a West German made Zeiss, and love it, but I also have one Leupold VX-III, and many VX-II, and love them just as much...The best scope is what your wallet will allow you to buy!!! If your like me and just hunt with no formal long range shooting teams, then your everyday scopes will do the job....leupold, nikon, bushnell, zeiss, etc.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a $79 Simmons 4x32 shotgun scope on my TC Omega and it works very well and holds zero. For a cheap scope it has been great. I must have got lucky and got a good one. Never had any problems with it.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I have a West German made Zeiss, and love it, but I also have one Leupold VX-III, and many VX-II, and love them just as much...The best scope is what your wallet will allow you to buy!!! If your like me and just hunt with no formal long range shooting teams, then your everyday scopes will do the job....leupold, nikon, bushnell, zeiss, etc.
Great Answer!!! I coudnt agree more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.