Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes >

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Old 12-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
What is a loupy?
loupy = Leupold

I really like the VX-II and VX-III models.
Many buddies and family with Leupolds that have never failed either.

Other than that I would recommend the Zeiss mid to upper end scopes.

The original poster needs to at least tell us what his budget is so that people posting opinions is in the ballpark.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pnut
The original poster needs to at least tell us what his budget is so that people posting opinions is in the ballpark.
X2 on this. I'm sure most would buy the high end glass if they could afford to spend over a $1,000 on their scopes. Scope failure sucks whether you're on a big $$ hunt or just out deer hunting on your back 40.

It would be interesting to see what people recommend for different price categories and at what $$ point they think you get a substantial upgrade in scope quality and reliability.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best:
Nightforce
ziess
swor's
loopy's
and I would add Nikon they have always been great for me

Worst:
trashco/tasco
BSA
simmons
no experience with any others
Old 01-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

there are more deer killed with the scopes that are on the worst 5 lists every year then with all the high priced scopes you guys have listed. bottom line is buy what ever you can afford and works for you. another stupid thread. i know guys that can kill a deer at 400yds with a 50 dollar scope,but i know way more that have 400.00 scopes that are lucky to kill one at 50yds.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by srwshooter
there are more deer killed with the scopes that are on the worst 5 lists every year then with all the high priced scopes you guys have listed. bottom line is buy what ever you can afford and works for you. another stupid thread. i know guys that can kill a deer at 400yds with a 50 dollar scope,but i know way more that have 400.00 scopes that are lucky to kill one at 50yds.
Yea, but I bet most of those deer could have easily been killed open sighted too. Don't really understand your point. I mean anybody can kill with a rifle. I mean anybody.

The poster didn't ask if he could kill with a 50 dollar scope.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

ok, that i've had my best luck

best

burris
swift
bushnell
nikon
simmons

worst
tasco
leapers
bsa
weaver
loopy,out of them all i've seen more friends buy loopy scope and not like them then any other brand. i've seen 3 different 3x9's that didn't have enough power at 100 yds on 9x to see bullet holes in a white target. over priced over rated .
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-17-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Spike

First Burris is the best scope out there that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg for (zeiss, swarovski, schmitt and bender....) leupolds are alson good scopes don't get me wrong but I'd take a burris over a leupold. Also ya'll hate on burris but say all these good things about redfields fyi the guy who started burris was the guy who made redfields. and redfield is also back in the scope business just to let ya'll know
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Huntin' for Food
and redfield is also back in the scope business just to let ya'll know
Stevens/Leupold bought Redfield in 08' and are rereleasing them as a lower end scope that will start in a couple weeks. What quality they will be is still to be seen. I doubt they will ever compare with the older Redfields.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

best

US Optics
Zeiss
Kahles
Leupold
Nightforce

worst
BSA (been screwed again)
Barska
Tasco
Bushnell
Leatherwood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.