Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes >

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even the most expensive scopes can fail! You just cannot get quality for 100 dollars! Any one of the components going into a quality scope would cost 100 bucks, by themselves!
Not to mention quality machinery, craftsmanship, and quality control! "Quality Control" helps ensure that you will likely never have a problem with the product! That alone, costs $$$! If you buy Simmons, BSA or Trashco, you are the "quality control!" If it breaks, odds are, you don't send it back! If you do send it back, they take several months before sending you another cheap piece of crap replacement!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Truth hurts.....................I know !

Again, you get what you pay for !
Old 02-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

From my personal experience:

Worst by a long shot .... BSA, Tasco and Simmons. I will never spend $1 on any of their products.

As for flat out best? Zeiss , Swarovski and Kahles top of their lines are the best scopes I have, and in my opinion superb performers. And for what these cost retail, they should be !!

I have had several scopes whose performance fell in between these two extremes. All were in about the $300-$500 range MSRP .
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

JagMag says it well here. Ive got a little of everything in every price range and my pock for the best value is the Nikon ProStaff. Very nice glass for the money and extremely durable for everything from a truck gun to a walking stick.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sorry: Don't qualify

I've used only three brands in thirty years. And one, in my cheapness, would be on many bottom five lists, but shockingly to some, still does a nice job after over ten years.

I'll disqualify myself and knock on wood at my limited and good choices. I don't think I'll get to five scope brands.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Valentine are you talking about one of the older Tascos? I used a Tasco World Class for a long time and killed alot of deer with it..lol. Actually put it on a 50 cal muzzleloader when I took it off my 270.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Spike

Well Huntinyoung, I guess it depends on what you are using it for and where you hunt. Out here in Idaho, we are taking some long range shots. So for my 300 Ultramag, I have a Leupold VX3 4-14 power with the BC reticle. I am shooting out to 700 yards. I will probably go with a Swavorski on my next rifle.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Schmidt & Bender Absolutelty the finest scope there is!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Best scope for the money? Everybody has an opinion and this one is mine

http://swfa.com/Zeiss-4x32-Conquest-...ope-P6595.aspx

I have one of these on my muzzleloader and another on a 7mm-08

I heard the fixed powers have better light gathering than varialble so I thought I would give it a try. I love these scopes. If the moon is out you can night hunt with these things.

If you are hunting whitetails generally 25-200 yard shots then this is the perfect scope for the money.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone ever hear of Galaxy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.