Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes >

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes

Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/68774-scope.html
Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by isatarak
The higher priced scopes are, the more overpriced they are. Increase in scope quality diminishes with each dollar spent. Reminds me of teenagers who have to have $150 jeans.
Amen brother,I use nikons and not the high dollar ones either.never had a problem with one and thier great scopes with a good warranty.looked through a bunch and will have to agree with you.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several of the old original Redfield's and never had a failure. I started buying Leupold's after Redfield went belly up.Of the Leupold's I had one that failed me at a bad time. It was a Vari X II. Three times sighting it in. I missed a couple nice deer thanks to this scope. It wouldn't hold it's zero.I get it set get a shot and miss it. Take it back to our range and it was way off. Three times this happened. I sent it back to Leupold,they supposedly corrected it. I haven't used it since. It cost me a couple nice bucks and that's hard for me to forget.
My next one will probably be a Nikon. Haven't decided if I should give Loopy another chance.It's possible but doubtful.

Last edited by Ruger-Redhawk; 12-30-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Ruger-Redhawk
I have several of the old original Redfield's and never had a failure. I started buying Leupold's after Redfield went belly up.Of the Leupold's I had one that failed me at a bad time. It was a Vari X II. Three times sighting it in. I missed a couple nice deer thanks to this scope. It wouldn't hold it's zero.I get it set get a shot and miss it. Take it back to our range and it was way off. Three times this happened. I sent it back to Leupold,they supposedly corrected it. I haven't used it since. It cost me a couple nice bucks and that's hard for me to forget.
My next one will probably be a Nikon. Haven't decided if I should give Loopy another chance.It's possible but doubtful.
How have you been Frank?.........Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
How have you been Frank?.........Happy New Year!

Thanks Emilio, Same to you ole buddy. I'm doing alright, all considering everything wrong.I filed for disability a couple months ago.I know that will take awhile getting it to be approved.Keep in touch when you can.

Frank
Old 01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default Ruger-Redhawk

Hi Ruger, where do you live at in NC? I live a few miles from Gastonia, NC.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer Hunter check your PM's
Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Spike

what do you guys think bout bsa ,, i got a bsa 8.5-34x42 scope it says platinum??? i have no clue maybe you guys know more than me its on my traditons buckhunter 50 cal muzzle loader( not the pistol)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

I'd get a burris or leupold. Or if you can get a zeiss or swarovski. And just a heads up redfield is making scopes you could check them out, their made by leupold.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the ones I have on my rifles in order of quality and cost(high to low)
Leupold Vari X III (or VX III now I think)
Nikon Buckmaster
Redfield Tracker (or whatever it is now)
Bushnell Trophy

I have no experience with Simmons.

If I was going to put a good piece of glass on a new rifle and was limited to less than $500, I would go with the Zeiss Conquest (I think you can get a 3-9X for less than $500). Clearest glass that I have seen in a scope in that range or below.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.