Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
 Got my new Scope today BAD NEWS >

Got my new Scope today BAD NEWS

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Got my new Scope today BAD NEWS

Old 07-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Vortex or Sightron!!!! Great customer service and techs. I've called bother with questions and if they weren't sure or didn't have the info in front of them they tell you they will call you back and they do and even the same day. Sightron has the best warranty out there.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had great luck with Nikon scopes. The glass is decent for the money, easily comparable to Leupold scopes in the next higher price range, and the mechanicals have been good. Mine track well and hold zero. I think that you got your bases crooked. Just because you got it mounted at Cabela's doesn't ensure that it was mounted correctly.

I'm also going to give a +1 to the recommendation that you look at the Zeiss Conquest before you buy a Leupold. The Conquests are comparable to the VX-3 line in price, and the glass is considerably better. I put a Zeiss on my latest rifle, and it puts all my other scopes to shame in resolution, light transmision and clarity. I can't believe what I can see through the Zeiss that I can't see with any of my other scopes. The Zeiss' are a bit more than the Monarch line, and comparable to the VX-3 especially now, and they are worth every penny. I would love to eventually put a Zeiss on all my rifles.

Mike
Old 07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i put a nikon buckmaster on my rem 700 and like the scope. so far no trouble. like one of the other post stated ,you might have gottin a lemon. it is fustrating when that kind of stuff happens to you. but in all honesty i'd give nikon another shot.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had 2 Nikon Monarch scopes. Both came on slightly used rifles I had bought. Neither was earlier than 2007 vintage. I was disappointed in the quality of the optics. I was expecting much more based upon the MSRP and hyoe in the rags ... and based too upon the optical performance I have in a top of the Nikon bino that I have. I am not saying these were not decent scopes, just not up to what I expected.

My personal choice for a scope in the price range of a Nikon Monarch is the Zeiss Conquest. I have 2 and like them both a great deal.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X40, Nikon Omega BDC 3-9X40, Nikon Monarch ATB 8X42, Nikon ProStaff BDC 3-9X40, and Nikon ProStaff 550 Range finder. Great products and absolutely no issues.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 AM

You need to take the time to properly mount and bore sight your scope first. Nikon puts out a good product and stands behind it with a lifetime warranty. If you don't know how to properly mount your scope or have poor scope mounts you'll never be consistent with shots.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default agreed

Mounting a scope is where to start...
I mounted a new Bushnell Elite on a new Browning 270 wsm shortrac and could not get it to even bore sight straight ..
After further inspection of the base and rings . I determend it was a bad set of rings .
I went to GM and bought a new set and problem was solved ...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dollar for dollar

Burris

Here's why;

http://www.chuckhawks.com/overview_burris_optics.htm
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

The fact that the scope is off on the windage adjustment tells me that more than likely the mounts are off.
Right on. i install at least a few dozen scopes every year. Very seldom do i find the mounting holes in a guns receiver are off. Problems like the one described by the OP are almost always related to the scope mounts or, sometimes, the rings: I have run into lots of problems with Weaver rings and mounts that are made in China and i will no longer use them.

Unless my customer wants something else; i now install Leupold or Millett turn-in rings and bases.

Last edited by falcon; 01-09-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at the Vortex line of scopes...quality if much better than NIkon and glass is WAY better as well

Quick Reply: Got my new Scope today BAD NEWS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.