HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Saltwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/saltwater-fishing-22/)
-   -   Great to see Fishermen! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/saltwater-fishing/82616-great-see-fishermen.html)

SouthernSweety16 12-14-2004 03:37 PM

Great to see Fishermen!

Hey everyone! By the looks of things, there dont seem to be many fisherpeoples. Well, for salt water anyway. I'm 15 and I live in South Florida so salt water fishin' is about all i can do. Anyway, I thought I would just say hi to y'all and introduce myself. :)

~God Bless~

BarnesX.308 12-16-2004 04:05 AM

RE: Great to see Fishermen!

I fish the salt and I've fished in south Florida quite a few times. I've also done a lot of fishing in the Bahamas (Abaco). Where do you fish in Florida?

Striper Phil 12-16-2004 04:42 AM

Yea the fishing thread gets pretty slow in the hunting season. I hail from Connecticut now but fish the SouthEeast Floridia waters with my brother a few times a year. Tom's a guide out of the Fort Lauderdale Miami area. I'm going down in late January next year.

BarnesX.308 12-16-2004 05:53 AM

A lot of the hunters live inland so there's probably a lot more activity on the fresh water board. I fish regularly in New Jersey or Delaware. My in-laws just moved from Marlyland where I fished the Chesapeake Bay constantly. I've fished in the Boca Grande area, and the Florida Keys from Marathon down to Looe Key. I won't take a vacation that doesn't center around salt water fishing. My favorite is fishing for dolphin and other pelagics but I also get a kick out of bottom fishing for grouper/snapper. Up at home we troll for dolphin,bonito, albacore, mackerel, etc. and bottom fish for flounder and sea bass in the summer. In the Spring we chum for bluefish and sharks. In the fall we fish for striped bass. I'm always ready to talk salt water fishing - especially now that deer season is slipping away.

SouthernSweety16 12-16-2004 02:55 PM

Wow, It's great to hear from you guys. I did figure there wouldn't be many people in the salt water cause this is a hunting site, but I wouldnt have it any other way. I fish with my dad and a couple of guy friends around deerfield, pompano beach, and key largo(if I'm lucky). I have to agree, dolphin are a great catch. I'm just having problems with my dad. Everytime I get a good one he ends up takin the rod from me! He thinks I'm too small and weak to bring it in myself. I can do it with my uncle, but not with him. Do y'all have any suggestions as to what I could say to him next time? I'm running out of patience and everytime I am one steph closer to sayin something i might regret saying.

P.S. Barnes: I'll get a shark for ya! I swim with em in the summer. They put up quite a fight.

~Kate~

Rockfish1 12-16-2004 09:14 PM

hey... I do a bunch of fishing in the Chesapeake bay every year and a bunch of surf fishing in Md and Delaware also... used to live in St Pete so I'm familiar with the south Fl fishing at least on the gulf coast... have fished Sebastian Inlet many times in the past... wish I was back there right now... oh well sometime soon I hope... good luck and tight lines... oh and when your dad tries to grab the rod next time... just tell'em to go catch his own... this ones yours... :D

SouthernSweety16 12-16-2004 09:44 PM

HAHA! That was a good one rockfish! I would LOVE to see the look on his face! But I don't have the guts to say that to him. I have been to the gulf once, but just to go to the beach with friends. I saw 2 sharks right off the beach! They were little, but they were still sharks. I was like, man, I should have brought my pole. LoL. You crack me up!
~Kate~

BarnesX.308 12-17-2004 05:52 AM

Rockfish1 - Where do you fish in the Chesapeake? My in-law's house was near Deal Island. Their dock was right at the mouth of the Naticoke and Wicomico Rivers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Off the dock, we would catch stripers, croakers, weakfish, speckled trout, red and black drum, spot, bluefish, white perch, catfish, eels and the occasional flounder. On occasion, we will see needlefish and spadefish around the dock. From my boat, I would fish between the Honga River and Crisfield. My favorite areas to fish are around Bloodsworth, South Marsh and Tangier Islands for stipers, drum and trout.

Fishing in the Florida Keys is great. You can fish inshore or offshore and the variety of fish is awesome. The back country is a whole world of fishing onto itself with tarpon, snook, redfish, trout, grouper, snapper, sharks, etc....

Striper Phil 12-19-2004 07:45 AM

I'm a Dad with daughters and like the "Go catch your own". Sounds like Daddie hasn't noticed his little girl has grown up.. Thats not a dig just usual fact with dads. LOL SP

SouthernSweety16 12-19-2004 08:13 PM

Yea, I think you are right, SP. He still feels the need to come into the grocery store with me. LoL.