Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 Anyone Changing Gears Yet? >

Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Old 01-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Now that hunting season is over, is anyone getting all geared up for fishing season? We’re taking a week vacation to the Bahamas in May and I’ve already ordered a nautical chart, a cruising guide book and I’ve put the deposit down on a rental boat. All the fishing magazines are coming out and I’m starting to look at the water temperatures. I know we have a long way to go but I’m getting cabin fever. Come March, it's time to start thinking about stripers!!!

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 01-23-2004, 07:25 AM

Default RE: Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

ready for april and the gulf to start warming up
Old 01-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have a longer season than me. When do the redfish and speckled trout start hitting around your way? What's hitting now? The water temperature off the NJ/DE coast is about 39 degrees. We're probably just looking at some cod in deep, offshore waters right now. Maybe some striped bass.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 01-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Going to Baffin bay 1st week of Feb. for a shot at a big Speck. Move to Texas and fish year round!![8D]
Old 01-23-2004, 05:49 PM

I've done very well in mid-February for reds..........some were huge! Especially at night in the Gulf (between Panama City Beach and Destin).

Bn'R
Old 01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Woody - if I move anywhere I would move to the Bahamas and start a guide servoce with my boat. Only problem is, I'd miss deer camp in northern Pennsylvania.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 01-26-2004, 09:12 AM

redfishing is good now in North Fla, got to find them in the creeks, dont fish for them this time of year to cold for me i will wait to first of April then get my boat out
Old 01-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

The Bahamas are nice, but the deer population is lacking. We also have a fair sized deer herd in Texas. I deer hunted in cutoffs and a T-shirt 3 times this year. It was 70 degrees this afternoon, wind changed to NW and tommorow morning it will be 32. Hang around a day or two and it will be 70 again. Super Bowl forecast 70 degrees roof closed 56 roof open. New England will not know how to act without ice underfoot!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about getting geared as I have been geared doing ice fishing for pike and rainbows and filling up buckets of yellow perch, Opps, thats fresh water, sorry guys, disregard this post, Bobby
Old 01-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait for striper season as well. We're pretty much ready. It's just a matter of time now.

Quick Reply: Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.