Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 Anyone Changing Gears Yet? >

Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Old 01-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Changing Gears Yet?

Coolbrze0 - do you fish the CBBT? I heard that place is awesome. We always fish near Smith, Bloodsworth, South MArsh and Tangier Islands. My in-laws live on Deal Island.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 02-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait for march 1 opener for spring stripers down the Nj shore. I live in little egg harbor Nj in tuckerton. I can't wait to hit graveling point on the opener. Well maybe not the opener as I am recoverring from surgery on my shoulder but will be out there soon as I can.

Barnesx if you ever come down my way shoot me an e-mail as i would love some company . I don't own a boat right now but I live very close to the water. It takes me about 5 or 6 minutes to get to graveling point or 8-10 minutes to get to the 5th bridge on 7 bridges road. So I am in a pretty good spot down here. So if you ever want some company I love striper and blue and weakie or flounder fishing.

I am ready as I can be but my shoulder is another thing. But I hope to be ready by april when it really kicks into high gear.

Brian
Old 02-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

445 - When do people usually drop their boats in the water where you are? I used to put in for the maiden voyage in mid-March in the Chesapeake in southern Maryland. I didn't start seriously fishing from the boat until mid-April. The stripers and croaker can be just as easily caught from the shore in March and early April. When the season started in mid-April, we would troll the main channel of the Chesapeake. That house will be sold in March and I've been doing most of my fishing from Cape May. Ocean on nice days and DE Bay on less than nice days. I'd sure like to get out there and do some fishing soon. I'll check my chart and see what looks good up by you.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 02-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes around here the boaters want to be in as early as possible. that is if weather permitting. I guess it really depends on this weather if it starts to warm up in february well late feburary so the water can hit the 40's people well get the boats in the water but usually its as soon as weather permitts down my way. But in my area when the water hits in the 40's the bass start to really kick into high gear around here at graveling point. So We really watch the temps around here for the real start of good bass fishing.

Brian
Old 02-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be checking my reports and the weather buoy data come March to see when it's time. I'd like to take a cod or tog trip prior to that if I can swing the time. I'd take a party boat for that. I don't want to go 20+ miles in 35 degree water in my own boat. I'll leave it in dry dock until stripers run. In April or early May I may also try one of the ocean reefs for the big sea bass that will get smaller as the year drags on. The Cape May reef is a good one for me. It's about 12 miles out of Cape May - a cake walk on a calm day.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 02-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, have you ever been to the bass barn site? All New Jersey salt water fishing.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:07 AM

Waiting until End of March first of April. Can't wait for the Cobia to start runnung in the Panama City area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:44 PM

Reds starting to pick up here in NE FL. Water temp in intracoastal waters around 70. Outta be going off big time soon. Good luck and tight lines!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:47 PM

im getting pumped
Old 03-17-2004, 07:22 AM

see ya on the flats in three weeks,