Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
Outer Banks surf fishing >

Outer Banks surf fishing

Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Outer Banks surf fishing

Old 05-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This week was pretty much a bust for me, a fine tooth, and a few sharpness sharks, my buddy caught a 6 and an 8 foot hammer, lots of bluefish, couple Spanish, is about it
RR
Old 05-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you keep the sharp nose sharks? I have always released sharks but I see other guys keep them and they tell me that the sharks are good to eat.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did not keep them, have eaten them before, as far a sharks go they are as good as any except mako. we had just a single room, no freezer so no way for freezing for transportation, nobody wanted them so they were released. in NC you can keep 1 a day of any size sharpnose, fine tooth, or bonnethead. the rest must be 54" to the fork, and your allowed 1 additional shark per day.
RR
Old 11-16-2019, 02:35 AM
Spike

It is not easy to catch the big fishes.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Spike

I generally like to fish the trout and kings. Sometimes, once in a while i like to go for pompano as they are usually pretty close to shores.
Even if i had a bad day fishing, the local cuisine and bbq is always the option.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad that this is an "off year" for my wife to rent a house. I doubt that we would have dared to go this year even if we had a house booked.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dare county is completely closed to non-residents. even folks who own property but don't live there cannot enter.
RR
Old 05-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently was told that the OB is either currently open or would be opening in a couple more days. I have no idea if that means tackle shops or restaurants but I think the house rentals and beach areas are usable now. Hopefully that includes the fishing piers.

Old 05-10-2020, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
I recently was told that the OB is either currently open or would be opening in a couple more days. I have no idea if that means tackle shops or restaurants but I think the house rentals and beach areas are usable now. Hopefully that includes the fishing piers.
Avon pier has not been repaired yet, Keith the manager is hoping for a June 1 opening, Dare county should open back up in the next few days. have a house booked for July 5-12 in Avon.
RR
Old 05-10-2020, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

From the SC Governors office --

State of South Carolina

Current executive orders in place by South Carolina Governor McMaster – Read full orders
  • Gov. McMaster Removes “Work or Home” Order, “Hot Spot” Travel Restrictions and Self-Quarantine Orders; Reopens Outdoor Dining Service at Restaurants Effective May 4

Gov. McMaster announced that effective May 4, the “work or home” order is canceled. He also removed restrictions on short term rentals to people from “hot spot” areas including NY, NJ, CT, and New Orleans, as well as removed the self-quarantine order for visitors from those “hot spot” areas. Those restrictions have been removed effective immediately.

The order also allows restaurants to re-open outdoor dining service effective May 4. This is in addition to delivery, take-out and curbside pickup. Restaurants will be required to follow SCRLA guidelines as they reopen outdoor dining service. Guidelines for outdoor dining can be found here.
  • Gov. McMaster Extends COVID-19 State of Emergency 4/27/2020 - Read the Executive Order
  • Governor McMaster Alters Emergency Ordinances 4/20/2020 - Read the Executive Orders
    • As of noon April 21, the order closing beaches across the state was lifted. The decision regarding public access to the beach will be returned to local jurisdiction.
    • As of 5 p.m. April, the non-essential businesses that were closed or operating under limited conditions such as furniture stores, department stores, clothing, and shoe stores, was canceled. Social distancing is still required. Additionally, these stores may only allow 20% of the total occupancy or five customers per 1,000 sq. ft, whichever is least, inside the store at one time. Groups of three or more are still prohibited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.