HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Saltwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/saltwater-fishing-22/)
-   -   Surf fishing is HOT!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/saltwater-fishing/29769-surf-fishing-hot.html)

445 supermag 05-07-2003 07:02 AM

Surf fishing is HOT!!!

If anyone like to hit the surf for some surf fishing now is the time. The blues are thick and the bass are there also. Weakies are starting to make a showing but sadly the flounder are slow right now and I think we need some more warm days to get them going. But if anyone likes to surf fish you might want to consider it as the fishing is EXPLODING. :D

Brian

jerseyhunter 05-07-2003 02:13 PM

RE: Surf fishing is HOT!!!

Where abouts are you fishing? I tried a couple hours Sunday at the tip of the Hook with clams and nothing. One guy caught a nice blue but that was it. Kinda dissapointed after hearing all kinds of reports, I guess I' m to used to fishing off a boat, and trolling them up. I' ll try again this weekend. you can try this site out http://njfishing.com/ for fishing updates

445 supermag 05-08-2003 06:43 AM

JH I am fishing out of Little egg harbor. I am land based. Island beach state park has some awesome fishing right now. But I am fishing the 7 bridges and graveling point with pebble beach. They are in the tuckerton area where I live. Blues are all over and some nice bass too. I caught 7 stripers the last two day I went fishing. I haven' t got any weakies yet but hope to soon. But I am very happy with playing with the blues and the stripers. I fish at night at the 7 bridges a lot as of now and having a lot of fun. I usually go out about 10pm and with other people there with the generators on with the spot lights shining on the water they attract a lot of bait and larger fish. Well good luck and TIGHT LINES!!!!!!!!!!:D

Brian

445 supermag 05-09-2003 07:40 AM

Got some more blues last night. Yehaw. Haveing a good time. SO get out there and have some fun in the so called off hunting season.:D

Brian

445 supermag 05-12-2003 06:12 AM

Wow more blues last evening. What a blast. I am fishing at 7 bridges in tuckerton area and they were everywhere. I fishing for them till they took all my rigs and I was out. What a great time to be had. They ranged in sizes from 2lb to about 8 lbs.:D Lost one that was about 10 lbs that broke off as I was trying to lift him up onto the sodbank.:(. So if anyone like to fish for some of these blues go at it now it is a blast.:D Oh I was using cut mackeral. Good luck to all

Brian

Sq2Hunter 05-12-2003 07:14 PM

My dad went over the weekend and he got two bass on clams @ island beach state park

445 supermag 05-13-2003 10:55 AM

fish are everywhere. Congrats to your dad on the bass. This is fun!!!!!!!

Brian

DougMD 05-14-2003 11:33 AM

Are the bluefish making a comeback? I live in Maryland, and remember going to Dewey Beach, Del. and catching lots of blues off the surf. That was about 20 years ago. Nowadays, I hear about the only thing they catch is sand sharks! Also, we used to troll in the Chesapeake for blues, sometimes 10 plus pounds. Now the plastic trailers and lures are safe, as blues aren' t around. Only rockfish can be had, which is great, but I' d like to see the blues come back some too!

6ptsika 05-14-2003 12:53 PM

Hey Brian, I' ve been having a ball with those blues, I just hope they dissapear soon, it' s getting expensive, with finS and jigs. [:o]
I' m a little North of ya, but have been hitting them good, as well as the bass, anywhere from Point Pleasant north. I' ll be out again tonight, looking for some weakies.
Doug, they' re definitely coming back up here, we always get a little spring run like this, but these fish are bigger than they have been in years, the other day it was one after the other 6-8 lbs, from the beach. The last few years they' ve been 1-3lbs. Hard to say with blues, though, they migrate in crazy patterns, the fish we' re catching may have beeen off Madagascar a few months ago, they' re caught all over the world, none of the scientists know for sure why they go where, next year we may see very few. Who knows?
I have no science to back it up, but I kind of doubt you' ll see them back in MD anytime soon, with the way the rock have rebounded, and all those little resident rock in the Chessapeake at historic high biomass levels, I doubt there' s much food to keep blues around long down there, I don' t expect them to hang around here much more than another week or so. Unless they show up late one year, and hit your enck of the woods tthe same time as all those hardhead, wow, can ya imagine the slaughter you' d have then?

445 supermag 05-15-2003 01:01 PM

6pt, Glad to see you are nailing them. Isn' t this the best!!!!!!!??????? I went out again last evening and got some more blues but the gnats were killing me so I cut it short. I am still using cut mackeral and it is great. This is some of the best fishing I have been part of.

The weakies are still a very slow pick just here and there and in not great numbers but hope they get here sooner or later. [:' (]

6pt, I was cutting up my blue one evening and got a 5 3/4 inch pink finS. It was kind of funny. :D

Good luck to ya and I' ll keep you posted with more reports.

Brian