Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 OMG! the fish are here! >

OMG! the fish are here!

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

OMG! the fish are here!

Old 03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default OMG! the fish are here!

We have red drum up to 53 lbs., black drum up to 75 lbs., large spanish mackeral, and huge sheephead hitting at our pier! The whiting are normal size and the pompano are hitting 30 miles south...gotsta restring! They are all hitting dead shrimp, except the macks....they are hitting gotchas!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OMG! the fish are here!

we used to use sea hawk lures to catch macks when they were in. i fished in charleston last week and could not find any of them around. do you know if they still sell them down there.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

I was down on the space coast on the 26th, but the wind would'nt lay down. Got two macks and a blue of the rocks, but no size. Had a charter set up for a half day, but like I said,,,, the damn wind.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sure sounds like a great time!! How is fishing off the pier, is it like untangleing lines every time someone catches a fish? That is the way it is in Eastport each year when the mackeral start running up this way.. Alot of fun catching them but always untangleing lines..
Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

No was''nt to bad, all spread out, and not to many people that day as it was windy. Did get bit off a few times till I went to a 50lb leader.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

On our pier most of us know each other and we will work with each other. You7 should see it when it is pretty much elbow to elbow during kingfish season! Sometimes we can get 4 on at a time! Thoze fish can run for7 30 minutes or more. Usually one person will start calling the fish and let the others know when they are headed in a certain direction, and if the angler needs to dip or go over another line. That person will also yell at all the spectators that crowd the end of the pier to "clear the rail" because those idiots will get on the rail and not move out of the way until someone yells at them.
It does get crowded with people fishing, but you'd be surprised at how little our lines get tangled.