Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia??? >

Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia???

Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia???

Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia???

My family and I are spending some time at a beach house on Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia next June. I am not a salt water fisherman. What kind of guided salt water fishing could I expect to get into in this area? What fish? Costs? What time do you go out, for how long? Do you get to keep your fish? Do they process your fish for you?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia???

Im not from that area and never have fished there but, i would recomend ealry mornings and evenings for fishing
Old 01-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forget about mornong and evening stuff. You are in the ocean and you must play by it's rules, and that is the tide.
Which tide is best? well, it depends on what fish you are after.

On a guided trip, you do have a choice of all day or half day. Some guides are better than others.Either way they will put you on fish. Some clean and some don't. If they clean then you tip. Here in N.E. Fl. 20 bucks per half day is the norm. As for as rates for guides, that is something I don't know.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Spike

Mornings and evenings are when fish typically feed. Tide has an affect on the fish but the best thing to do is fish through tidechange (change in the flow of the tide). I have caught all kinds of fish off rocks, boats, piers you name it. The tide has an affect but change of light has the biggest affect in my view. Some people may not believe me but they can notmatch my results evenin their dreams.

The biggest rule of the ocean is it's the boss. Respect it or you wont come home from that fishing trip.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ko1593

Some people may not believe me but they can notmatch my results evenin their dreams.
Whatever.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have caught all kinds of fish off rocks, boats, piers you name it. The tide has an affect but change of light has the biggest affect in my view. Some people may not believe me but they can notmatch my results evenin their dreams.
I have to agree with thundermug, with a tide up here that is close to 28 feet on average you would do well fishing off the rocks mornings and evenings if the tide is not right..

I enjoy the incoming tide the best but both incoming and out gowing will work if you catch them right..
Old 01-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

in salt water fishing the tides will pay off more than anything i have caught just as many fish in the middle of the day when the tide was right. i have fished 50 yrs in ne fl
Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

in salt water fishing the tides will pay off more than anything i have caught just as many fish in the middle of the day when the tide was right. i have fished 50 yrs in ne fl
What parts? I fish from Mayport down to Guana.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Spike

OK thundermug if your such a fisherman and have been doing it for 50 years let me know what the best trophyyou have landed is?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ko1593

OK thundermug if your such a fisherman and have been doing it for 50 years let me know what the best trophyyou have landed is?
My wife!

Quick Reply: Fishing off Tybee Island, Georgia???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.