Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Redington Pier

Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Redington Pier

Hey has anyone here fished the redington long pier in clearwater florida. I have fished it every spring break since i was in the 2nd grade and was wonderin if anyone else fishes it.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Redington Pier

ORIGINAL: live2hunt009

Hey has anyone here fished the redington long pier in clearwater florida. I have fished it every spring break since i was in the 2nd grade and was wonderin if anyone else fishes it.
Yep! A couple of times, butI like the Indian Rocks Pier better!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Ive never fished that one. Hows it compare to redington. Last year when i was at redington all i was catchen were sharks. I caught a couple of spanish and some popanos(dont know if i spelled that right) i really looken forward to fishen it this yr again.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Ive never fished that one. Hows it compare to redington. Last year when i was at redington all i was catchen were sharks. I caught a couple of spanish and some popanos(dont know if i spelled that right) i really looken forward to fishen it this yr again.

We had a home in Anna Maria Island from 1955-1988, and this is the best one I like. It faces the Skyway Bridge!

[align=center]Anna Maria City Pier[/align]

[align=center]The Anna Maria City Pier juts into Anna Maria Bay.. You can eat inside/outside at the pier restaurant, fish off the pier, get a drink or just wander the pier.[/align]
Old 02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful looken place. Im getten pumped up to get to the peir and fish. I love fishen saltwater theres jus sumthin about not known whats on your hook that its jus GREAT. Whats the biggest fish you have landed off a pier or in general?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Beautiful looken place. Im getten pumped up to get to the peir and fish. I love fishen saltwater theres jus sumthin about not known whats on your hook that its jus GREAT. Whats the biggest fish you have landed off a pier or in general?

Back in the 70's they use to let you fish for Jew Fish and now there's a ban on them. Jew Fish get up to 3 to 400 pds. We used chain as a leader, Shark Hook and 1/2" nylon rope for line.
Now is spanish mackerl, ponpano, jacks, trout, Blue runner (bonito) and plenty of snook at night when in season. There's another pier close to the city pier (Rod & Reel) and they catch plenty of fish also.

I forgot to mention about the two piers atFort Desoto in St.Petersburg. They are across the bayfrom the Anna Maria Pier. Edmont Key is in the middle between both of them.
In 1970 my partner and I caught 12 large Red Fish from this pier and Channel 8 put us on the evening sports news. We were using Shedder BlueCrab as bait.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds awesome ive seen the jew fish on tv and cant imagine fishen for them. When im clearwater king fish are usually runnen and the snook season is in. When those kings get hooked its a battle. Last year i fought about a 40lb stingray and the year before that i had a big 25lb jack on and about a 25lb red but i lost both of them right as we were lowering the net down, that really stunk.