Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

YellowFin Tuna

Old 06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default YellowFin Tuna

Anyone else chase YF? We run out of St Augustine Florida for them all Summer, just wondering if anyone else out here fishes for them?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:14 AM

Default RE: YellowFin Tuna

Hey Shawn (I'm Assuming) great pictures the swordfish to me is the most impressive, Do you fish for those at night? I am in Virginia and use to go out but it was to expensive the gulf stream is 70 miles off shore and it seemed we spent 2/3 of the day riding so I gave it up. How far is St. Augustine from good fish?? What are charter rates down in Fl. Anyway awsome fish.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Rebel yes we do fish for Swords at night. For us to run for Swords out of St Augustine it's about a 65 mile run to 1500 feet (the area we like to fish), but we run a 31' Contender with twin 300 hp Yamahas so the run does not take to long . I do not know of any Sword charters out of St Augustine or Jacksonville, due to the distance they can not make any money. Now down South around Miami you should be able to get one for cheap. I really like catching Swords too, there is nothing like fighting a big Sword with standup tackle, it's one of thoses things you will never forget.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fish for yellowfins in NJ, DE and MD. We usually chunk with butterfish but occasionally troll. Out of NJ, most offshore charters run 70-100 miles. That's where the canyons are and that's where the marlin are. Until late August, that's where most of the yellowfin are, too. The charters must be more expensive up here because all the boats specialize in making this run.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 PM

Goin out tomorrow for some yellowfin!!! Were are leaving out of Grand Isle Louisiana, Hopefully we will come back with a boat load!!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Let us know how you do, I've tuna fished out of Venise LA before & we brought back 10 tuna with the largest one at 197!![:-]
Old 07-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

glad to see someone from st augustine i grew up fishing there back in the 70's i caught a 14' tiger shark at 4 mile we used to fish sharks a lot there and at 9 mile one time at 9 mile we caught 3 sails in one day using a flat line we have caught blackfin as close as the beach fishing for kings down near marineland i have been gone for 10yrs now and all i fish for is mountian trout
Old 07-02-2005, 10:41 PM

Awww man!!! The weather held us up and we only fished for red snapper and amberjack!!! Oh well, maybe next time!!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

We make it out to the East side of the gulfstream on Sundaylimited out on YF & caught this nice Marlin to top off a great day.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

great pix's do you ever do any bottom bumping closer in to shore and are you going to fish the king tourments this month

Quick Reply: YellowFin Tuna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.