Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Log Book For reloading? >

Log Book For reloading?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Log Book For reloading?

Old 04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Log Book For reloading?

How many of you use log books for reloading in keeping track on loads. How detailed is the information you keep? This is something I’ve never done but have intentions of starting for my new rifles.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:58 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Log Book For reloading?

Oh yea, its a must. I tell the number of rounds loaded, date, primer, number of times brass fired,powder, and results from testing (groups), and velocity. I also make special comentaries. Like, if I really liked this load. Or even though the groups are this, I still like this load the best for whatever reason.

One tip is to keep batches of brass segragated from others depending on times fired/headstamp.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

At a minimum the ammo you load should be accompanied with a tag or other small document stating what the powder. case, bullet and charge level is.....writing it on the cartridge box works but it's a bad thing to sit there a couple years later and wonder what these are.
A log is a splendid idea and far better than merely writing the load on something to identify the ammo
Old 04-22-2005, 03:38 PM

I have kept a 3 X 5 card file (like cooks use for recipies) for about 30 years. There are raised tabs for each caliber - each card has bullet, charge, primer, case, OAL, chronograped velocity, and group results. On the back of the card, I keep track of what was shot with that load - something like: "Nov. 1996. Mature cow elk broadside at 250 yards. Hit high in lungs. Ran about 50 yards and went down. Recovered bullet - .640 and weighs 132 grains."

I wish some one made a nice little computer program for this stuff - although it would a mountain of a task to transfer 30 years of information into it . . .
Old 04-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 3-ring binder with all of my reload records in it. I have a section for each rifle. I also mark all of my brass by the batch #. I have one sheet that has enough room for 3 reload records on it. It has all the pertinent information, ie: bullet, powder, primer, trimming notes, # times fired, etc. I also have another sheet that I use specifically for each time I chronograph a load. This has all the weather information, load data, and other figures regarding velocity and energy, and also room for misc. notes. I can scan some later tonight and post each one.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:08 PM

RR - I did a search for "point blank" - it came back with 444,140,225 matches . . . . . Do you have a more specific website address? Thx. Roscoe
Old 04-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have records for the first round I loaded. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I better get started on making my log book. Thanks for all the info..... guys.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

You can get Point Blank from this site
http://stevespages.com/page8.htm
I couldn't find a direct link but his will work for you
Old 04-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Spike

http://www.huntingnut.com/

http://www.huntingnut.com/files/poin...nkCRBSv18a.zip

Quick Reply: Log Book For reloading?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.