Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet >

Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet

Old 07-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet

Why have they not done this? I am absolutely content the way these bullets work, but it seems that a lot of people look down on them because they don't have 99.9% weight retention . They should just make these bullets for those individuals.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet

Why? There is already the Swift A-Frame.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with bigbulls. If they make the Partition Bullet a bonded core bullet, then they will cost just the same as the A-Frame does and act no differently when they hit an animal. Plus, they already make the Partition Gold, which is just as good if not better than a bonded core bullet.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Further I suspect Sweift will sue if Nosler bonds their bullet.....The Swift A-Frame is essentially the Nosler Partician bonded up front.....they marketed it first and Nosler needs to pay them Royalties to use their patient.....assuming it's patented.

BTW I've had excellent success with the Swift A-Frames.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:49 AM

I'm a little bitter with Nosler right now anyways. I called them about a month back asking why they would not make a .311 dia partition, and well the response I got was not favorable in my books. On the other hand, I called Hornady last week. I was curious on the whole bonded core hoopla, and wanted to know the manufacturing process. The tech I spoke to took the time to answer all my questions, and was polite and pleasant, even to a stupid guy like me. I know who's bullets I'll be buying in the future.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Why have they not done this? I am absolutely content the way these bullets work, but it seems that a lot of people look down on them because they don't have 99.9% weight retention . They should just make these bullets for those individuals.
Well, because of the way the Partition bullet is designed to work! It is DESIGNED for violent, rapid, explosive expansion of the front core (depending on how fast it is going when it hits), followed by deep penetration of the rear portion. The partition bullet will expand reliably even at long ranges of 500+ yards, after the bullet has lost a lot of velocity, yet it holds together right off the muzzle, even at magnum velocities. IF Nosler bonded the core for great weight retention, they'd lose the violent expansion/long-range reliability they now have, and the resulting bullet would not be as good as the ones they are now making. If you want bonded, shoot the Accubonds. They have a higher B.C. as well as a bonded core.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pharaoh2 I'm a little bitter with Nosler right now anyways. I called them about a month back asking why they would not make a .311 dia partition, and well the response I got was not favorable in my books. On the other hand, I called Hornady last week. I was curious on the whole bonded core hoopla, and wanted to know the manufacturing process. The tech I spoke to took the time to answer all my questions, and was polite and pleasant, even to a stupid guy like me. I know who's bullets I'll be buying in the future.

What did they tell you? (Other than the fact that the demand for a .311 NPJ would not justify the cost of producing them??) I have had some pretty good results with 200-grain .308" Nosler Partition bullets in both .303 British and 7.65 Argentine rifles.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:49 PM
DM

You guys sound like all there is to it, is to "bond the core". WRONG!!!! To make a bonded bullet is no big deal!! To made a bonded bullet that works right, you need a totally different jacket material and you need to learn how to do the bonding process RIGHT!!! How do i know this??? Well, i use to mfg. and sell them, and i've tested them and others more than i can count, BEFORE getting the process right.

BTW, Swift was far from the first to make bullets this way, i did it, and so did others.

Drilling Man

Old 07-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Partition has better BC then the A frame and is lower priced
Old 07-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok based on your argument then why is the Accubond made with the same jacket material as the partition?

Quick Reply: Nosler makes the Partition a bonded bullet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.