Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures >

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Old 09-13-2021, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Kenstix
So I take it U guys Dont Care for Heart Stroganoff or cooked Game Liver because it all got Processed before the Animal got Field Dressed : ) . = Ballistic Tips are Dog**** on Smaller game as well - Deer , Lope, etc. there seems to be some confusion here on the simple math and physics of a WELL CONSTRUCTED bullet like an Accubond which will run well thru most rifles ( and animals ) . Kenstix
Sorry friend but I used a 270 Win with 130 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips on Whitetail, Mulies and Antelope from distances of 10 yards to well over 400 yards and never ever had one move more than 25 yards after the shot. Most were DRT. So your general and derogatory statement about them is totally false. And IMO from 55+ years of hunting you don't need a premium bullet for deer or antelope. I would give them the nod for bear or elk or similar sized game but not deer size. The only reason I would suggest a premium bullet for deer is if was more accurate out of your rifle.
Another often overlooked bullet in today's craze of premium bullets is the good old Hornady Interlock bullet. They've been dropping deer and other game in their tracks for generations.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Despite my disdain for necroposting, I can tell you, if you want to talk math or physics on energy transfer, I’m your huckleberry...

A bullet passing through transfers less energy to a body than a bullet caught by the body. Plain and simple physics. A bullet transferring energy faster is doing more work on the body. Again, plain and simple physics.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Despite my disdain for necroposting, I can tell you, if you want to talk math or physics on energy transfer, I’m your huckleberry...

A bullet passing through transfers less energy to a body than a bullet caught by the body. Plain and simple physics. A bullet transferring energy faster is doing more work on the body. Again, plain and simple physics.
Again...as with most of your responses Nomercy, I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:27 PM
Spike

Sure ~ IF You're Not Concerned with Saving +/or Destroying Meat ~ Again, plain and simple physics. Also, NOTHING I say about Hunting and Ballistics is False to MY experience ( I'M JUST WRITING ON HOW I SHOOT GAME , THE PRIMARY SHOT I TAKE ON A REGULAR BASIS - TRUTHFULLY ) ~ ' sorry Friend ' ( U may Not Agree with it or Like it - but I'm not too Concerned with that.

Again, I dont do Lung Shots and dont care for Bloodbags on my Ribs and Torso ~ as I'm a multi-generational Meat Hunter. So again , Ballistic Tips are killer at the Range but for My Game Hunting they are Useless. I Shoot a small Target area on Big-game from sometimes pretty long pokes .

btw - a Ballistic Tip IS considered a Premium bullet to some ( Not to me) I LIKE and NEED a Bonded bullet for my Shooting Style and Outcome on ALL Med. to Big game ( it's how I roll ). Also I've Never had a Rifle that shoots with consistency with Partitions - so I Wont use them either ( and I had a couple break-up weird on game way back , as with Ballistic Tips. ( I had a Friend who would do Neck Shots routinely and Deadly with B.T's < I Never argued with him on the Lethality of it because I watched Him perform them ) = so I Forgot , They're ok for that where the meat isn't a concern ( again My Experience

P.S. - My preferred Energy Transferral is ~ Putting a Not Oversized Exit hole ( With a Sturdy Bullet with good B.C. that shoots good groups ) pretty accurately where I Need it and it Equates to Very Deadly on Game. for the Newer Hunters Here, I'm talking about fairly advanced Shooting skills coupled with decades of experience and with Confidence in Hunting ( I didn't know this when I started Young - it Evolved over decades also as Bullet construction evolved) I have Never had any Avid Long-time Rifle shooter Discount or Diminish/ Critique the Deadliness of a Bonded bullet with a relatively small Exit hole sent thru a Vital/Critical area accurately ( High-heart or Spine) , on any Medium to Large game ( speaking on the Herbivore subject : Lope, Deer, Elk, etc. ) Not once in 55 years of Shooting Rifles ( Except that there isnt alot of margin for Error ~ which I agree with. I only Commit to shots that pretty much Guarantee the Outcome regardless of distance ( to My Personal parameters of yardage ) The animal typically Drops where He/She stands .most of what I described above is with .270 Win with 140 Grain Accubonds ( or alternating with.25-06 sometimes when on Lope with Accubond loads as well

Last edited by Kenstix; 09-17-2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:07 PM
Spike

[QUOTE= A bullet passing through transfers less energy to a body than a bullet caught by the body. Plain and simple physics. A bullet transferring energy faster is doing more work on the body. Again, plain and simple physics.[/QUOTE]

See , the Body of a Game animal is what I Eat so the main " Work on the Body " I like to do is Removing Un-Damaged Meat so to me that = a Clean Hole thru a Very Critical/Lethal area of an animal to Drop it in it's Tracks. And as I said earlier ~ my Gal makes Killer heart Stroganoff , Liver ( cant say I Need the Lungs) Backstrap and Interior Tenderloins . it's a little more Sophisticated of a way to Shoot game ( but I dont hassle Tags to cut corners ) But WELL worth the Results for a Meat hunter 1st. and trophy 2nd. ANY Bowhunter that performs Lung shots out of necessity that hunts Rifle as well KNOWS which shots wil allow that Animal to cover more yardage before he Drops and Taint the meat with Adrenaline +/or Lactic Acid << which = Your Screwed for Meat. I have a friend I mentioned in this same Topic that does Neck Shots ( which He's transferring ALOT of Energy) and the Texas heart shot (A-hole) He's kinda anal on the Meat More-so than Me, + He Prefers the Neck Shot on Lope, Deer and Elk ) Never known Him to take a shot unless he can make 1 of the two types . That doesn't make Henry Wrong or False ( believe me - He's a Lethal Big game hunter ) just because I dont usually practice those shots , It's Just His Shooting Preferences - That's All .

btw - I've NEVER known Henry to Waste any Venison from Trauma / Damage to the animal

Last edited by Kenstix; 09-17-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a train wreck....

Where’s that Wikipedia hunter we had a few months ago? I’ll take that back over this...
Old 09-17-2021, 10:29 PM
Spike

Train Wreck ? that's Exactly what I thought when I 1st read thru some of the Descriptions here .

Chk-out the attachment from this Topic and maybe Even the Energy Transferal Brainlocked can POSSIBLY Understand ~ When some out West grow up Eating Backstrap, Tenderloin ( U Know , the Ones Inside ) Ribs from the Big enough animals , Liver done up Proper with Onions and Garlic + HEART STROGANOFF WITH A WIFE AND BACK TO A GRANDMA THAT COOKED IT TO MAKE ALMOST ANYBODY'S MOUTH WATER ( Lope, Mulie , Elk , Shiras and Caribou ) . C'mon seriously Put on that Thinkin' Cap and just try to Imagine shooting an animal without Blown Hearts , Blown-out Bloodbagged Ribs , Shoulders or Haunches without blood filled baloons. C'mon folks ~ There has to be 1 Hunter here that can Understand bringin' home and Appreciate a Beautiful Pristine 300lb. Kaibab Mule Deer that you dont have these issues. SURELY I'm Not the Only hunter that You've heard talk like this . Everything I describe is 1st hand Life Experience so If U Cant seem to Understand this - P.M. me and I could probably explain in 1 Paragraph how to Shoot a Deer with Precision and Lethality to 400 yrds. with CLEAN KILLS . Wiley coyote energy xpert , does anything mentioned even make sense to U ?
Attached Thumbnails  Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures-z-not-me-.jpg  
Old 09-18-2021, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

so reviving a 17 year old thread for what? have killed more game on accident then most folks, what part of a dead deer is a failure?
Old 09-18-2021, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys it looks like we got another "expert" in the forum!
Old 09-18-2021, 03:05 PM
Spike

Edited- temp ban issued.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-29-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.