Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures >

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Old 04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Nothing wrong with the Triple Shock thats for sure. This one is quickly becoming my favorite bullet.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:44 AM
bigcountry

My way of thinking using barnes is a little different. In other words, if I would use a 180gr partition for moose, I wouldn't hesitate to use a 165gr X bullet in its place due to its BC and wieght retention. Maybe I am off base, but I believe a 165gr X bullet would penetrate as well as a 180gr partition, and definately better than a 180gr accubond.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bigbob i will have to try out the interbonds yet as well as the accubonds. The stories one reads on the Internet are truly amazing in some cases a mountain made out of a molehill about a particular product. I was about to write off using interbonds because of this hearsay too.[:@]
Old 04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
bigcountry

oldelk, isn't it amazing. I mean sometimes I even get wrapped up in the internet urban legends. For instance when it came to Bullistic Tips. Everyone said they were exploding, and wouldn't kill deer.

A best friend of mine came back from Africa. He killed all plains game animals with Bullistic tips from a 300WinMag. But to hear it on the internet, you can't get thru the shoulder with bullistic tips on a 90lb doe.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep BC its everywhere and it's getting worse. There are very reputable products out there that are beyond reproach and are getting trashed from people that don't even use the thing but heard that it was no good from so and so . Others for whatever reason hate some of these companies. I have beefed and complained about some manufacturers but I always give them another chance to redeem themselves and I bought the darn thing and I have the right to complain about it if something is not right.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 PM
bigcountry

I have a feeling alot of people who makes alot of comments, has not even tried them. I would bet half or better. There are a few people on these pages, I do trust with thier opinions.

For me for hornady, its thier customer service I don't like. I usually try to stay away from. Even though I love the XTP, and some of thier rifle bullets do well. I try to use Sierra, due to the superb customer service, only problem is they don't have a bullet that stays together at real high speed in my 300RUM. I was shootin their gamekings, but don't believe they are up for 3300fps inpact. I still use thier gamekings in 308 and 270's.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:29 PM
bigcountry

My favorite myth going around these days is you got to use Extreme powders from Hodgdon and the IMR and Reloader line of powders will cause you a huge amount of problems in changing weather.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy that is a good one. I guess the bullet drops out the end of the barrel if its zero or so.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I've observed Human behavior usually only allows people to complain about things when they go wrong. Very seldom does the public hear all the good things. For instance, I used Ballistic tips on a couple deer and had perfect results, bullet entered, blew up the heart and lungs, and tiny pieces made holes out the back. Not much left of the bullet except the empty copper jacket but 1 deer fell over dead at the shot and the second was recovered less than 100 yards away, even though my wife had shot it a little far back, taking out the back half of a lung and some of the liver. It did what it was supposed to do and if I was only hunting deer and smaller game that's all I'd ever use. However, the few elk we've shot over the years have proved very tough. Her cow we got in January (special tag) took 5 .270 130g Partitions before expiring. She made a couple of maginal hits on it (thought it was farther away and shot it high in the back) and I had to stop it with the last 3 shells since she was shaking so bad. Long story but in the end that's what it took to stop the elk. Similar with my elk this last fall. Only a 2x1 (spike only here in WA) but using 160g Partitions out of my 7mm RM it took 6 bullets to finish him. I even tried a kill shot from about 30 feet between the shoulder blades ( I was above him and he was moving his head around) and he still lived for another 10 minutes. I finally had to put the last one through the base of his skull to finish him. They are just increadible creatures and not easily stopped.

Thus, I need a bullet that will do the job for them. Granted, our shots weren't placed perfect and hopefully my wife realizes she needs to be more aware of rifles, trajectories, etc. to be fair to the animals. My shot was pretty far away and I can't say for certain where my bullets were hitting him but I know they were mostly through the lungs. Just need to make sure the gun/bullet/hunter is up to the task and as many variables that can be removed from the equation ( bullet performance) the better it will end. Since there is no such thing as a perfect bullet/hunter/gun we do the best we can and live with the fact that we are all human and thus imperfect. The best we can do is learn from our mistakes and take the necessary measures to make sure not to repeat them. Hopefully the next time around we'll do better and not impart undue suffering to our most respected game.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Power
From what I've observed Human behavior usually only allows people to complain about things when they go wrong. Very seldom does the public hear all the good things. For instance, I used Ballistic tips on a couple deer and had perfect results, bullet entered, blew up the heart and lungs, and tiny pieces made holes out the back. Not much left of the bullet except the empty copper jacket but 1 deer fell over dead at the shot and the second was recovered less than 100 yards away, even though my wife had shot it a little far back, taking out the back half of a lung and some of the liver. It did what it was supposed to do and if I was only hunting deer and smaller game that's all I'd ever use. However, the few elk we've shot over the years have proved very tough. Her cow we got in January (special tag) took 5 .270 130g Partitions before expiring. She made a couple of maginal hits on it (thought it was farther away and shot it high in the back) and I had to stop it with the last 3 shells since she was shaking so bad. Long story but in the end that's what it took to stop the elk. Similar with my elk this last fall. Only a 2x1 (spike only here in WA) but using 160g Partitions out of my 7mm RM it took 6 bullets to finish him. I even tried a kill shot from about 30 feet between the shoulder blades ( I was above him and he was moving his head around) and he still lived for another 10 minutes. I finally had to put the last one through the base of his skull to finish him. They are just increadible creatures and not easily stopped.

Thus, I need a bullet that will do the job for them. Granted, our shots weren't placed perfect and hopefully my wife realizes she needs to be more aware of rifles, trajectories, etc. to be fair to the animals. My shot was pretty far away and I can't say for certain where my bullets were hitting him but I know they were mostly through the lungs. Just need to make sure the gun/bullet/hunter is up to the task and as many variables that can be removed from the equation ( bullet performance) the better it will end. Since there is no such thing as a perfect bullet/hunter/gun we do the best we can and live with the fact that we are all human and thus imperfect. The best we can do is learn from our mistakes and take the necessary measures to make sure not to repeat them. Hopefully the next time around we'll do better and not impart undue suffering to our most respected game.
So I take it U guys Dont Care for Heart Stroganoff or cooked Game Liver because it all got Processed before the Animal got Field Dressed : ) . = Ballistic Tips are *edited. Do not bypass word filters* on Smaller game as well - Deer , Lope, etc. there seems to be some confusion here on the simple math and physics of a WELL CONSTRUCTED bullet like an Accubond which will run well thru most rifles ( and animals ) . Kenstix

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-29-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.