Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

NEED HELP!!!

Old 02-27-2004, 05:55 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP!!!

I have the anniversry kit ans have used it for three years now with zero problems. Definatly a good way to get into loading without spending much money. Dont know about loadings accurate rifle ammo as i dont load rifle but if it makes pstol ammo thats 1" capable at 25yards it should make good rifle ammo too. powder measure works fine for me, slight deviation but if you want the best in accuracy you really need to weigh every charge, but that goes for just about any manufacturer
Old 02-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had a problem with their dies- only complaint is that the locking ring doesn't lock to the threads so you have to go through the extra struggle of resetting the dies everytime you take them out of the case.

Lee case trimmer- good gadget- I absolutely hate case trimming mainly because I've always used a RCBS trimmer before I discovered these. Lee case trimmer is very cheap and very easy to use- I don't use the zip trim- I've heard bad things about it, but just trim them by hand with the ball handle trimmer.

Lee factory crimper- IMHO its the only way to go if you are crimping your loads.

If you are going to load a large number of rounds, go with RCBS or others, if you are only going to relaod less than 100 of a round per year, Lee should be good enough.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:50 AM

I have both LEE & RCBS.
I have to say if your looking to load 2 or 3 hundred rounds a year LEE
will do the job for many years.
If you are going to load for a hand gun 1000 or more a year go the big $
route RCBS as the LEE will wear out in 2 to 3 years.
If you buy the LEE kit do your self a fav. Buy a better powder scale.
The lee is to lite and slides around to easy.