Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

t/c/ 35 cal.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:11 AM

Default t/c/ 35 cal.

does anyone have any info on loading a 35 cal. t.c. pistol? im looking for the best hunting powder and bullet. i would appreciatea reply. the gun shoots great and accurate. but bullet expansion is a problem. thanks. RON
Old 12-18-2003, 06:00 PM

Default RE: t/c/ 35 cal.

Does the TC shoot the 35 Remington? If it is, Most loads in the reloading manual should work. Just have to start on the low side and work up, watching pressure and what you can handle in a pistol. One advantage is you can use pointed or spitzers in the TC, whereas you can't use them in the tube fed rifles. If you use or own a 35. Rem rifle, make darn sure you don't get the ammo mixed up. (hate to lose a member here.)
I load spitzers for my bolt action 30-30 as it is clip fed. Amer. Rifleman ran a article on hot 30-30 loads for the TC which helped me working up a load.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:54 AM

right now i shoot a 180 grain spire point boat tail and 38 grns 30301 imr. but i cant count on bullet expansion. i wish they made a ballistic tip for that cal. i have a 308 cal. savage striker ,i shoot hornady custom loads. they always work. but they dont make it in 35 rem. thanks for the reply
Old 12-19-2003, 07:59 AM

I had a 14" tube for my Contender one time, never hunted with it but the best bullet for accuracy was the Rem. 200 gr. round nose. Same bullet they use for their factory round. A few folks I've talked to claim it was the best for hunting too, but I can't offer any personal experience there.

Wes
Old 12-19-2003, 04:28 PM

In my .35 Rem I use either Speer 180gr. flat point or the Sierra 200gr. round nose. I have had better luck with deer from the 200 gr. Sierra.
I also use a 200gr. Hornady Spire point in my .35 Whelen. I rarely have them leave the spot of impact.
I too, have trouble finding a ballistic tip or a partition bullet for my .35 Whelen. Maybe Nosler does make them, but Cabellas do not list them.

Russ
Old 12-19-2003, 11:19 PM

Nosler makes a 225 gr. Ballistic tip and partition and a 250gr partition bullet. I don't know but if I was going to use one to hunt with I would tend to think the Bal. tip would be best with the velocities out of the shorter contender bbl.
Just a thought.
Wes