Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What’s needed

Old 05-06-2021, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What’s needed

I’d like to start reloading my own shells for shot gun 20 and 12 gauge what’s needed , I’d like to have a list so I can price things out ,
Old 05-06-2021, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well buddy you picked a bad time to start your reloading hobby. Components are hard to find now. But anyway I'll start off and others can add to it.
First off you're going to need a loading manual. Next a loader. If you're not into competition and do not need to mass produce an inexpensive loader like the MEC Jr is good enough. And its well made.
Once you have those your next challenge is to find 209 primers. You'll also need to determine what hulls you're going to use. (not all hulls are created equal). This will determine what wads you will need and what bushing(s) for the powder and shot charge you are going to load. The only thing left is to find your shot.
Finally read the loading manual AND the loader instructions. My first box or two were a total disaster until I got the hang of it.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks , and yeah can’t hardly find anything LOL which it’s nothing I’m gonna rush into but gonna buy what I can when I can and take my time and learn it right I’m just gonna load for turks
Old 05-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV 67
Thanks , and yeah can’t hardly find anything LOL which it’s nothing I’m gonna rush into but gonna buy what I can when I can and take my time and learn it right I’m just gonna load for turks
Well if you're in no hurry check out sites like Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. You may be surprised what you can find there. I bet you could pick up a loader at one of those sites.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:20 AM
Spike

If you want to load 12 and 20 gauge shells you need two presses.
Go to BPI reloading.
They have got Kits you can get that have the right stuff for popular shell recipes.
The easiest way to get going.
You have to have exact components for EACH load.