Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Favorite 6mm bullet? >

Favorite 6mm bullet?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Favorite 6mm bullet?

Old 03-28-2021, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’m not sure why killing elk is of concern when considering killing 100-150lb game at 250yrds and less.

Personally, I’ve grown to be a huge fan of the 105 Berger Hybrid. Most 243wins don’t have twist appropriate to stabilize long, high BC 6mm bullets like this, but if you have the speed and twist to use it, it’s a great bullet. Exceptionally accurate in a lot of different rifles, great for long range reach, relatively inexpensive, and quite effective at killing game quickly and cleanly.

It was this type of bullet which first made me fall in love with how “light and fast” bullets kill big game. I appreciate a slow and heavy hammer also, but when it comes to anchoring deer quickly, I’ll take a 6 Creedmoor over a 30-06 every day. Penetrate to the midline and explode - deer don’t travel far with no heart or lungs.