Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
25-06 Sierra 100g Spitz vs Nosler Partition 100g spitz >

25-06 Sierra 100g Spitz vs Nosler Partition 100g spitz

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

25-06 Sierra 100g Spitz vs Nosler Partition 100g spitz

Old 11-24-2018, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

For me the Sierra PH do shoot well, especially for the price. The problem I have with them is their performance on deer. Myself and brother mainly use a 6.8 SPC. We Lost 3 deer last season because of the performance. We now made the switch to 100 grain Accubonds. Now that is an awesome bullet! We will never go back to Sierra bullets for hunting, they will be our fun shooting range rounds. I know this isn’t the bullet you are using but hope the information helps.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Here is an update to my issue. I went back and worked up all my loads again using the 100g Nosler Partitions. As it turns out, I had to back off two grains of powder to get the Noslers to perform as well as the Sierras. So I ended up using 56g RL22 getting sub 1" groups at 100 yards with speeds of 3050 fps. I did not end up shooting a deer with this rifle this year, so will have to wait till next to see how they perform on game. I have no doubt they will do a good job.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
For me the Sierra PH do shoot well, especially for the price. The problem I have with them is their performance on deer. Myself and brother mainly use a 6.8 SPC. We Lost 3 deer last season because of the performance. We now made the switch to 100 grain Accubonds. Now that is an awesome bullet! We will never go back to Sierra bullets for hunting, they will be our fun shooting range rounds. I know this isn’t the bullet you are using but hope the information helps.
That is exactly why I didn't purchase the Sierras for hunting and was just using them to work up my load for a 100g sp bullet. Unfortunately I found that does not work. I did purchase some AccuBonds to try. I have heard good things about them.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Some rifles just like certain bullets. I have two 30-06s, 22" same twist, same load. Both with shoot 1 MOA. But not with the same bullet. each shoots awfully the others bullet. Partion and interlock. Same grain and bullet type.

I hear some guys have load they like for all their rifles of that caliber, but that hasn't worked for me.

Lyman manual had an article, about if you bigger changes, to try a different bullet rather than a small grain changeof powder or another powder with a slightly different burn rate
Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

try an accubond, 90% of the time they shoot better than the partitions, 3050 is a mild load for a 100 gr in a 25/06
RR
Old 11-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
try an accubond, 90% of the time they shoot better than the partitions, 3050 is a mild load for a 100 gr in a 25/06
RR
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I know 3050 is mild but it will still put down a deer. I did purchase some accubonds and plan to work up some loads for them. I just didn't have time to do that before deer season this year.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:15 AM
Typical Buck

You won’t be disappointed with the accubonds. I can guarantee it, or I will send you the money for the ones you don’t use. I got some for my 257 Weatherby but have not yet been around to work up a load and shoot them. The 115 TSX I use now shoot great and are devastating for deer, especially here in St. Augustine, FL.