Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

OK, I'm back

Old 10-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
After a pretty hectic separation/divorce proceeding, have managed to keep my prized posessions I did give her the house so I am homeless, but getting things straightened out, have my reloading press set back up and started loading some much needed ammo. you guys will once again be hearing from me. got a long range shoot coming up, not much prizes but bragging rights to blowing up huge amounts of tannerite. more later.
RR
Glad you're back. That divorce stuff is never easy to go through. Most of the time, it ends up being a blessing in disguise and way less drama and stress after it's done.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

I remember when the old man got divorced from the supreme manifestation of evil. She still tries to get me to call her mom but I prefer her given name, Satan. Hope yours wasn't as bad as that one. Glad to see you are back though. The old man had a lot of respect for your reloading and long range skills.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hunters_life
I remember when the old man got divorced from the supreme manifestation of evil. She still tries to get me to call her mom but I prefer her given name, Satan. Hope yours wasn't as bad as that one. Glad to see you are back though. The old man had a lot of respect for your reloading and long range skills.

What a coincidence, I have an aunt named Satan . Maybe every family has one....

-Jake
Old 10-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always wanted a 6mm AI, prolly the route I would go. 300 fps over the 243, better case life, and longer neck for a bit better accuracy, however to make it all it can be ya should use a long action.
RR
Please elaborate. Can the 6mm, AI be shot in a long action?
Old 10-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it can, if you want to run it to it's full potential with heavy high bc bullets it works better,
allowing you plenty of room for coal and not being limited by mag length. If all you want is a faster varmint rifle with better case life, a short action works fine.
RR
Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

After a pretty hectic separation/divorce proceeding, have managed to keep my prized posessions I did give her the house so I am homeless, but getting things straightened out, have my reloading press set back up and started loading some much needed ammo. you guys will once again be hearing from me. got a long range shoot coming up, not much prizes but bragging rights to blowing up huge amounts of tannerite. more later.
RR
Dad gone RR. Sorry to hear it. But glad to see you are coming out of it ok.

I load for the 458 Socom. never got the performance I wanted. I wanted to get 300gr at 1800fps.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
Dad gone RR. Sorry to hear it. But glad to see you are coming out of it ok.

I load for the 458 Socom. never got the performance I wanted. I wanted to get 300gr at 1800fps.
Ya try "Hodgdon's Lil gun"?
RR
Old 11-03-2018, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya try "Hodgdon's Lil gun"?
RR
have a load listed of
38.4 gr of H110
CCI large pistol primer
1923 fps
RR