Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
All hail MagnetoSpeed users >

All hail MagnetoSpeed users

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

All hail MagnetoSpeed users

Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned

Default All hail MagnetoSpeed users

I took my V3 out today for the first time with very satisfactory results. As a chronograph goes, it's easy to use at a busy range, accurate readings, no nonsense putting it on and tightening. But there was one anomaly I wanted to share,
I was using it as I was zeroing in my .243 for a hunt this weekend and recorded shots as I went. Finally got the scope dialed in and took the V3 off. Then I noticed my shots were 3-4 inches low at 200 - 500 yards. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
Am I tightening the band too much? My rifle does have a muzzle break but I was careful to avoid that and was careful to use the right amount of spacers to get the trajectory 1/4" above the bayonet. So why would my shots drop?
After removing the V3 I shot another 10 or so to dial in the scope (again) and it shot great. Tack driver!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup. The Magnetospeeds cause a POI shift, so you cannot zero your optic with the bayonet mounted. Pretty sure it’s even in the instructions, but it’s very well communicated among us shooters. The extent of the POI shift varies by rifle and arrangement. On my Seekins Havak, with a SiCo ASR brake I get about .7mil high and .3mil left. With the SiCo Omega out front (not using the ASR brake, but direct thread) I only shift .1 left and .2 down.