Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Small Base Dies

Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started reloading in 1978, have loaded many, many thousands of rounds, a lot of which were for a Remington 760 in 270, never used SB dies, never had a problem, have never trimmed a case for that rifle, I do not have to use force to close mine loaded, if you have to use force either your die is adjusted incorrectly or you have a tight chamber and need a small base die. regardless of what you think NM is correct.
RR
Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

What is force?

You can close a bolt with minimal effort. A pump is more mass. Operate a rifle with less pressure restraints, and it can world apart, from a higher pressure round.

What do I consider force, and you?

I don't think I am applyig force that is excessive. But maybe you and the other guy want to get in my panties and look around.

I can't tell the difference between factory remington ammo, full length sizing, or neck sizing for different rifle.

I am not saying it is BS, I would give it try if I came across one, but I am not bowing down either.

Today was not the first time I handled a rifle, nor my penis, which is what we can compare next.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats you have joined an elite group, with 3 others since 1998, you made my ignore list
RR
Old 09-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Ignore lists are for chicks and millenials, who need a safe place.

All because I have my own opinion.

As with liberals, it is ok to protest and have an opinion, as long as it is their's. But if someone disagrees, they must be stopped.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

2185 posts since 2003.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

'03 was the 3rd software update after I joined in 1998, march I believe it was, all post counts restarted then when data was lost, in 2010 I was temp banned for what I thought was unfair reasons, had a good friend who was a mod delete 8K posts don't post much anymore because a lot of new members have the same attitude as you!
RR
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Atleast I don't lie about needing a safe place.

What is my attitude??

I said I would try it, if I ever came across some small base dies, but I had my doubts.

This bothers you so much you need a safe place. Please give me a list of members I am not to quetion, and topics, I am not allowed have an opinion.

But when a member wants to get in my panties, I back off, and question them.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

After reading this sad thread I got out my 30-06 pump and played around a bit.

With an empty chamber the rifle would dry fire no matter how gently I closed the slide. With a Remington factory round the rifle would fire no matter how gently I closed the slide. However, with handloaded rounds using a standard die the rifle was inconsistent and would not always fire if the slide was closed gently.

My micrometer shows a small difference in the diameter of the case near the base between the handloaded round and the factory round. Either a small base die that returns the case to original factory specs or extra snap upon closing looks like the solution.

As an aside, I have read many posts by both Ridgerunner and NoMercy over the years. Although we may not always agree on all matters I have never found either of them to lack knowledge and experience when it comes to rifles and handloading, nor have I noticed them to be fellows that initiate friction.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
It is.

Seems like you're lying to yourself when you say this, since you've already said:

, so don't get your panties in a twist just because you like pump guns and you took this thread as an insult to your manhood.

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
nor have I noticed them to be fellows that initiate friction.
I am no wilting daisy, so I don't mind, but see it differenr than you.

But when guys are cock sure of themselves, I start to doubt them, or tune them out.

Its been awhile I don't thing the issue is it not firing. It is the round not going off. Been along time, I don't recall a dented primer, but didn't look. One time it happened, I was actually able to rack it out and back in, with a doe about 30 yards, not in a blind. Took awhile.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Spike

SB dies are designed to accommodate the tolerances of semi-auto feed to chambers, and are NOT generally recommended for bolt and pump action firearm reloading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.