Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Organizing small tooling on your reloading bench >

Organizing small tooling on your reloading bench

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Organizing small tooling on your reloading bench

Old 12-28-2016, 05:07 AM
Spike

Default Organizing small tooling on your reloading bench

Finding a place to keep the small tooling used in reloading can be a real pain and I just discovered something I find to be very useful.

Went to Home Depot looking for parts bin boxes and found a Husky 11" Bin box for 3.97 that has the best set of hinges and latches I have seen in these style boxes so I got a couple.

I filled the first one up and immediately realized it was all in one place and I realized I need a way label the bins so I came up with a document that when printed and trimmed fits inside the lid of the bin organizer.

These are neck turning tools for uniforming case necks to enhance accuracy of my long range rifles but obviously it is good for storing other things like shell holders (by number and caliber) and other small parts.

I opened WORD and designed the document shown in the lid in the above. If you would like to make up such open the below and print it out and follow the directions on the document and cut along the outer line and it will fit this size box perfectly.

Husky 11 Inch Bin Organizer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3v...ew?usp=sharing

Husky 9 Inch Bin Organizer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3v...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Hummer70; 12-29-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the same type of bin for all kinds of stuff, firearm parts, my coyote call collection, reloading tools, camera lenses, etc.

I buy Plano tackle boxes, usually from Walmart when I get them. Wanna say the most common size I use is $3.47 or in that ballpark. Works well, they stack well. Only thing they don't do well is take adhesive labels.

I keep a pretty salty inventory of firearms parts, AR's, Ruger DA and SA revolvers, Ruger Mark II & III pistols, Marlin 1894/1895's, Rem 700's, Ruger 10/22's and M77 Mark II's, Savage 12's... So I have towers of these things as tall as I am in storage. Really cheap and easy, and more adaptable than fixed size tool boxes for storage. Kinda like a modern version of printing press die drawers.