Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
What went wrong?!?!?!??! >

What went wrong?!?!?!??!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

What went wrong?!?!?!??!

Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

So did you call Vortex and get it straightened out? I'd like to hear about their customer service and such. I know with Nikon I've always had excellent service in all the years I have exclusively used them. And that's a LOT of glass! But I haven't had to call their CS in quite some time and I have been hearing from a few that their CS dept. is getting a bit bad. Been hearing pretty much nothing but good about Vortex in both scopes and CS so I may find myself snatching one up if I hear about good service.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
So did you call Vortex and get it straightened out? I'd like to hear about their customer service and such. I know with Nikon I've always had excellent service in all the years I have exclusively used them. And that's a LOT of glass! But I haven't had to call their CS in quite some time and I have been hearing from a few that their CS dept. is getting a bit bad. Been hearing pretty much nothing but good about Vortex in both scopes and CS so I may find myself snatching one up if I hear about good service.
I will get the paperwork from my boy this week and see what I can shake up out of them. I will report back with my findings!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Which Vortex scope is it? Curious because I have a Viper HS Long Range 4-16x44 that I haven't mounted on a rifle yet.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree it is likely a bad scope from the info you provided.
But FYI: I bought a used 700 for my son many years ago at a great price. TRhe guy said it didn't shoot worth a crap even though the bore looked good. I found out why when I got it home. Apparently this guy never took the action out of the stock and just kept oiling it (excessively from what I could tell). The wood all around the recoil lug was like a sponge. You could literally take chunks out with your finger. Fortunately there was enough solid wood once it was all ground out that I wasa ble to remove all the rotten wood and rebed the action. He still has this rifle and it shoots great.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bronko, good info for my future reference bank, if I can only remember the combo to it when I need that info!!! LOL!!! My son came over and picked up his rifle and scope while doing some work on my ladys car for me and my bum shoulder now. He took the scope back to Gander Mountain and walked out the door with a new scope, no questions asked. He had the box, receipt and all and told them what happened. The guy walked in back and brought out a new one and away he went!!! So I told him to use my scope unless he really wanted me to trade it BACK out and go from there. I would rather not due to its cold out!!!!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awwwwww SC,,,this aint cold!!! It's a little chilly is all (typed from my chair located right by the roaring fireplace)

Glad your boy got everything straightened out. I know I've had a couple of scopes that were wonky right from the box (one Luppy and one Nikon) and they were hair-pullers because I just couldn't get my brain out of "fart mode" thinking that it had to be the bases or something.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Awwwwww SC,,,this aint cold!!! It's a little chilly is all (typed from my chair located right by the roaring fireplace)

Glad your boy got everything straightened out. I know I've had a couple of scopes that were wonky right from the box (one Luppy and one Nikon) and they were hair-pullers because I just couldn't get my brain out of "fart mode" thinking that it had to be the bases or something.
Aint cold?!?!?!? I was outside hauling in MORE firewood, I think my girlfriend likes to see the bricks glowing in the fireplace by the way she keeps it loaded!!!! And just cant seem to understand that the wood just "Magically" appears in the garage already split and ready for her heiness to load in the fireplace from the wood rack beside it!!! It was so cold this AM when I was getting more wood before going on duty that I farted in my coveralls and had to bring it inside to thaw out to see what it sounded like!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!
Yeah, that's the first I have had straight from the box that was junk. Especially on a name brand like that. Glad he didn't have any headaches to get a new one and I found the problem before loosing the rest of my hair!!!!! Thank god for being part German and Native American on the hair department!!!!!