Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Hornady Interbond >

Hornady Interbond

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Hornady Interbond

Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hornady Interbond

Well, I finally remembered to email the folks at Hornady and ask them why they suspended what I feel was one of their absolute TOP performing bullets in the lineup. Especially in .308 and .284 diameters. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email. We originally suspended this line due to the overwhelming spike in demand several years ago. The process to make this particular line is very time consuming to say the least and we were focusing our energies on making more of the higher demand items at that time to better help us attempt to keep up with the tremendous spike in demand. We had a very hard decision to make during this time and decided to suspend the production of many items that just weren’t selling as well throughout this time of dramatically increased sales. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We hope to get this put back into the line at some point but we just can’t tell you when, right now. We appreciate your support and your patience with us.
I'm guessing the "spike" was in "defense" bullet lines and us hunters took a back seat as usual.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

At least they responded. But to be honest SH I really like the good old Hornady Interlock bullets. They always shot extremely well for me and dropped game good too.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I love them too Clem. But the Interbond has a higher BC and flies a bit better out of a couple of my picky rifles. Especially one of my 06's that absolutely WONT shoot anything else worth diddly. Eh, pee on it, I'll just rebarrel the picky heifer and go from there. It's one of my pre 64 Model 70's so I didn't want to rebarrel it but that thing literally will NOT shoot any other load in less than 2 inches.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Wait, so they suspended production of all the Interbonds?
Old 10-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

because its time consuming? how long does it take to dip jackets in soldering paste?
go with accubonds same bonded process, shoot as well and a better BC.
RR
Old 10-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TN Lone Wolf
Wait, so they suspended production of all the Interbonds?
They have been suspended for a good while now. And yes that's on ALL Interbond bullets. I was lucky and found a bunch for my 7mm-08 and my .338fed but I only have a couple hundred in 2 weights for .308 caliber.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

this ammo/component shortage is bs, been looking for 17 HM2 ammo for over a year, they sold over a million rifles but now make 1 run of ammo a year, I'm pretty self sufficient on ammo since I bought out a reloading shop going out of business years ago but getting rimfire ammo gets frustrating. been over a month trying to get 17HMR 20 gr hp's, 50 gr. fed.22 mag ammo is scarce as hens teeth.
RR
Old 10-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I saw that too I'm gonna use my last box on interbonds then try accubonds in my 280. Just drives me crazy I had a good thing going lol
Old 01-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, guys, I just got this year's Hornady catalog in the mail, and they still list a lot of the Interbond bullets. It looks like they're still producing them. Seems like most of the A-Maxs got dropped in favor of the ELD lines, though.

Last edited by TN Lone Wolf; 01-10-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry TN, they must have misprinted or some such...Or maybe look a little closer at the catalog. They are still "listed" on the web site but you will see "temporarily suspended" under each and every one. Probably the same in the catalog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.