Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Family members disapproving of reloading? >

Family members disapproving of reloading?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Family members disapproving of reloading?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
No reason to disapprove. Like when I first got married and wanted to buy a new rifle. She said "I don't think you need one". I told her that she sounded just like my ex wife. She said "I didn't know you were married before." I said "I wasn't"!
Ya gotta love that one!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Life's too short for such trivial distractions...
Old 08-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some of the calibers I have owned can cost upwards of $11 a round (450/400 3 1/4 Nitro Express) so when you look at the cost of reloading it, less than $3 a round, my wife wasn't at all upset with me reloading.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I started reloading after I got married. when I explained to the wife what a box of ammo for a 300 H&H mag cost and what I saved by reloading nothing was ever said about reloading. now I reload for all my rifles and revolvers.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Spike

Ha... you worry about family members against reloading. I have family members AGAINST gun ownership... some city peeps just don't get what real life, and being human is about. Yeap they think I am a total freak cause I have a rifle... If they knew I had more than one rifle, they would think I am a psycho. So I keep them at bay. They just don't get it, I don't even bother trying to explain about ammo, and that a .22 is used for target and small game and stuff. To them, a gun is a gun, no matter what, it is a people murdering machine.

Thankfully, this is just my sister. My wife doesn't give a damn, as she is a normal human being.

Last edited by entropy4money; 08-16-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Spike

I think for most people it's a safety concern but competent individuals with some common sense will be fine. It will save money in the long run especially shooting certain calibers.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

I never have been questioned by immediate family members. My dad started reloading in the 80's, and taught me how when I was in grade school. By the time I was in High School, I was working up my own loads for new rifles by myself. I do have a cousin, though, who won't shoot any of my reloads. I let him shoot some .44 mag loads that were a tidbit on the hot side. They must have hurt his delicate little hand, because he still refuses to shoot anything I load.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cjclemens
I never have been questioned by immediate family members. My dad started reloading in the 80's, and taught me how when I was in grade school. By the time I was in High School, I was working up my own loads for new rifles by myself. I do have a cousin, though, who won't shoot any of my reloads. I let him shoot some .44 mag loads that were a tidbit on the hot side. They must have hurt his delicate little hand, because he still refuses to shoot anything I load.
LMAO!!! He sure wouldn't want to shoot any of my .44mag loads then. Mine aint just a "tidbit". My Rugers are some tough pistols and that toughness gets tested with every shot! I take them to the edge and then peek a little bit over He would probably be comfortable with my .45lc loads though. They are soft little puppy dog loads
Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife does a bit of her own reloading. Our 3yr old already took over decapping responsibility, he loves running my old Lee O-Press (now my dedicated universal decapper).

My extended family tends to only criticize my reloading because of the money spent on new presses (have 7 set up right now), but then the next day they're calling for me to press more ammo for them.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My ex used to complain( For lack of a better word on a family website!!!) and it came up in court. I just sat back and let her attny go with it. My attny then brought out all the furniture, merchandise and home furnishings that she had bought her kids on the sneek without me knowing. Her attny then leaned over and whispered to her. She then decided that my loading stuff wasn't quite so important after all, seeing I had receipts of her stuff that almost tripled my expenditures!!! My current g-friend loves to reload with me for she then gets to go shooting and even suggests that we are getting low on a particular component for 1 of "her" favorite weapons and we go shopping!!! AND SHE IS A CITY GIRL!!! Go figure!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.