Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
308 loads for a Rem. pump rifle. >

308 loads for a Rem. pump rifle.

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

308 loads for a Rem. pump rifle.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You said new brass - how different were the base diameters after sizing for SB, FL, and NS?

More importantly then - what was the base diameter after 3x firing? If it's new brass, it was FL sized when it was made, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear there wasn't much, or any, difference in the bases, despite 3 different dies being used. But given 2-3 firings, the difference might reveal itself.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

NoMercy, That's one thing that I didn't measure for I figured that the stuck cases would result from shoulder/neck area issues. More times than not, when I have had to work on clients weapons, that's where I find 95% of my problems. Then its the chamber more times than not after that. I am free of the weapon now and its back in Texas with 1K rounds to slay beasts down there for another 50yrs!!!