Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Top Brass Quality >

Top Brass Quality

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Top Brass Quality

Old 04-01-2016, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Top Brass Quality

I was just in the local sporting goods store, and they had some new and once-fired brass from Top Brass. The price was actually fairly reasonable, but I didn't buy any since I've never heard of them before. Has any one used any of their brass? If so, how's the quality? They had brass in stock for a couple different calibers I like to load, and I wouldn't mind scooping some up before everything gets hard to find, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some .45ACP brass off them last year I think it was. Was new brass not reconditioned. Was pretty good. Consistent weight and thickness. Primer pockets were all good. I haven't reloaded any yet since I bought 1000 pieces and haven't fired them all yet but all the ejects looked good with no stress to show up. I'll go out to the shop after while and measure and reload a few and let you know how the second loading goes. I haven't used any of their rifle brass though but if it's like their pistol brass then if you find a good deal take it.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

CJ, I reloaded 50 last night of those .45ACP's. The brass held up very well. Primer pockets were still perfect sized and no appearance of stress anywhere. I load most of my .45's up a little on the hot side so if the brass hold up to that then it gets a good pat on the back from me. As I said in the other post, if their rifle brass is of the same quality as their pistol brass, I would jump on a good deal from them.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good. Thanks for the report. I'll probably grab a couple bags of brass on the way home from work today.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I finally got around to loading some test loads for my .300 BLK with the Top Brass I picked up and the results are good so far. All I've had to do is de-burr the case mouth, and reload. I've noticed some of the primer pockets are a little inconsistent - like someone got a little carried away with removing the primer crimp, but none are loose enough to cause any concern. Overall, I'd say its good stuff, especially for the price. I'd give it 4 stars out of 5.